Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, gang!

After dreaming and hoping, I finally snagged one for myself!

It's a '94, came with the test target, manual, and both mags (one with the pinky, on without). It is missing the cleaning rod, unfortunately, but has the original box with matching label.

Illinois law requires a 72-hour wait, so I'll update with more, detailed images once it's in my possession. But, it appears to have been fired very rarely and has no indent indicative of repeated take-down near the trigger ring. Oil residue on the barrel and slide appears to be original, and the red, safety mark is sharp. There's a couple of surface scratches that an emery board should buff out right behind the trigger on the banner (left) side of the slide.

Regardless, super excited, super stoked!

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nice. At your leisure, please add the model, serial number and test target date to the Interarms reported serial number database in the FAQ section if you wish to contribute to helping future members identify when their Interarms pistols were made. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Got around to doing a full clean and shoot today (then another full clean). I'm now under the impression that this pistol may have not been fired.

My 'range' day was short, 50 rounds of Sig Sauer's 100gr Elite Performance FMJ and ~30 rounds of American Eagle 95gr FMJ. I gotta say, early reports are that this PPK/S loved the Sig ammo. It fed it extraordinarily well and the pistol didn't miss a beat when rapid fired. I was surprised, too. The Sigs have a flat nose, though not as steep as WWB. Quite a fine go, but they seemed quite dirty!

My 'ole go-to American Eagles, however, we're failing to feed more than a handful of times. Though not consistently, I have read that this 'may' be similar to what others have experienced (I am aware of the break-in and finicky diet).

I took it home for another cleaning/inspection and think I understand why so many people like Ballistol on this gun.... Damn, are there some nooks and crannies. It was during this cleaning where I began questioning if the pistol had been fired. After seeing first hand how dirty the gun had gotten, and knowing how detailed I am at cleaning my firearms, I was curious if the previous owner cleaned like me, or if this little gem sat in a safe. Not gonna lie, this gun is damn near immaculate.

I've loaded up a handful of pictures and have checked the SN# thread (falls straight in-line and I'll add to that thread later this week). I'm glad I got my hands on this and am so glad to be a part of the PP club!

Note -- The images below were taken prior to cleaning. I'm uncertain if the grease residue under the grips were factory or previous user, but that residue was also found on the frame under the slide in a few specific locations.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
Doesn't appear to be a lot of scratches or wear on the barrel hood, so I am inclined to agree with you that it hasn't been shot or cycled a lot. Internals look nice and sharp as well.

·
Super Moderator
7,683 Posts
... There's a couple of surface scratches that an emery board should buff out right behind the trigger on the banner (left) side of the slide...
Use 3M cloth (looks like a scrubber) to clean up those scratches; just be careful to work in the same direction as the brush finish.

Good luck with finding ammo it likes. They can be finicky; make sure you're holding it firmly.
Moon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.