Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I totally forgot to post this after I got it. (Thanks Barbarian for reminding me)
I emailed Jarvis a few months back, and asked them if they could make me a compensator for my P99. (They had one out for the PPQ)
So they asked me to send my slide in, and they did their magic. I didn't have much of a say of what was going to come out. I just asked if they could fit the PPQ one to the P99.
So I got the slide back about 10 weeks later. I'm super happy with it. Shoots great. Definitely noticeable reduction in jumpiness. I usually shoot +P ammo.
This is my @ home pistol, although I sometimes carry it out, it sticks out a bit past my jacket with the compensator, so I just carry the compact.

I did have to get a Jarvis barrel as my original threaded barrel was 1/28, and they only wanted to do it on a 1/32 with a normal thread.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Just ordered the threaded barrel and compensator from Jarvis.
They are producing these comps in 1x28 now.

The wait begins..............

EDIT; Correction. 1/2x28, not 1x28.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts

There's the link that shows 1/2x28 in the description. 👍

Reactions: Jimmo952

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Waiting to get the comp and barrel? I have one. Might be just me but it did change the poi vs without the jarvis comp installed.
Just received shipping notification from Jarvis, the threaded barrel and compensator are on the way. No tax or shipping fees was nice too.👍
I'll post any POA/POI issues after first shots. Have the DPM three recoil spring assembly installed with the lightest primary spring provided in the kit. Will be shooting 124gr 1150/1200 fps ammo.

Grille Office supplies Gas Electronic instrument Bumper

I'm watching the P99 Gen1 parts kit F/S on GB. A 2nd P99 slide assembly fitted with the Jarvis barrel/compensator and LPA adjustable target sights might be in the near future.🤔

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Finally got it out to the range.
Shoots around 2" low at 10 yds (combat sight pic).
Shot 200rds of 124gr/1200fps followed by 100rds of 115gr/1100fps, ran flawlessly with the softest of the three springs provided with the DPM system installed.
Will try the medium spring next range session.

Calipers Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

1 - 12 of 12 Posts