Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Its great to see the platform being supported. I'd be surprised to see 40 or 45 supported but you never know.

They have a little comment/question box on their website. Maybe put the bug in their ear about it.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
If you have any questions about this compensator, call or email Jarvis.
While this is probably the best way to go about this if I was personally interested in the compensator, I'm not currently looking for one.

I will say that, if I was, I'd be concerned about the bottom of the compensator being "sealed", being that the barrel tilts, and the guide rod does not. Maybe a prospective buyer should inquire as to whether or not the compensator clears the guide rod as the pistol cycles. Especially so if they have a steel guide rod installed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not for Q5

Called Jarvis today and their compensator is not made for Q5. It is for the 4" model. They aid they are working on one for the Q5 but it will be a couple months before it is available.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Interesting concept but why not just hang a light on the front end and absorb so recoil that way. Easier to find holsters.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Interesting concept but why not just hang a light on the front end and absorb so recoil that way. Easier to find holsters.
I said something similar in a thread about a PPQ tungsten guide rod, mentioning that depending on the light, it may even be cheaper, and was told that the pistol in that condition wouldn't be allowed in some pistol competitions. I'm not a competitor, and I haven't checked on that myself, but a light would seem to also offer the benefit of adding that much more practicality to the pistol as well.

This is a long way of saying I agree. I wouldn't personally be using a compensated or ported pistol for defensive purposes, and I don't do firearm competitions.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Wonder if it would work on the P99? Doesn't the P99 accept the PPQ threaded barrel? Hmm....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts