Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one used Jarvis "match barrels" I would live to try one but cannot justify switching out my Walther factory barrel when I get 5 in groups at 25 yards routinely.  

Would it make the pistol more accurate?
Would it only help with match ammo?
Does it really matter to anyone but me?
I linked to the page below

Jarvis Barrels

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Well, U could make it threaded. That's one plus.

I have heard that their barrels, if handfitted right, can be more accurate than stock in Glocks and in other guns. So, I guess it is possible. But if it is just a drop in - then I doubt it would matter much - other than the threading option, as mentioned above...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Before getting your hopes up... call them and make sure they still have them.....
search this site for posts also.. there has ben a few post about barsto and jarvis barrels.....some I guess did fine some needed some handfitting in order for it to work reliable....
I guess "Sniper350" has one in .40S&W if I remeber correctly...and he had do do some work on it to work right

To tell you the truth..... if you want a threaded one... after looking at their price list... I would go with a factory threaded Walther barrel
at least you will know they will work....but that is just my 2 cents

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shoot from what I've seen Factory barrels are $100 more and threaded are nearly $150 more and only Earl's carries them it I'm wrong please show me...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
ROKbeef
you are correct on Earl's and the price... and as far as I know he is the only guy that has them.......
however, as I look at it... if you buy a Jarvis barrel at it is not reliable and you have to send it in 2 or 3 times and after that it still won't work correct, IMHO it is not woth while to spare the $150......
like I said either "search" on this site for Jarvis and you will find some post that are some time old... or send "sniper350" a pm on this site (he uses the same nick on "AR15 forum" too.... and ask him about his Jarvis barrel....and what he had to do to make it work....
Like I said before though... call Jarvis and see if they still even have any

·
Registered
333 Posts
ROKbeef,

You are getting some great advice from Uncut......don't get your hopes up to high with these after market barrels for the Walther.

Remember, the Walther is not a "Target gun" [ nor was it meant to be] and the rail to slide system is NOT set up to shoot at match grade accuracy.
Adding a "new" or different barrel for "accuracy sake" is probably a waste of time and money IMHO. Like Uncut has mentioned if you want the barrel for other reasons, like a threaded barrel for a silencer or to "port" the barrel as I did, then the expense might make sense. But be cautioned -- depending on your luck, these after-market barrels can take a lot of *adjustments* to make them feed realiably. Bar-sto even warns that their extended ported barrels for the Walther are not meant for Self-defense use. Last I heard, Bar-sto stopped offering the ported barrel for sale [ for reasons I can only guess at ] but that situation might have changed - you will have to check for yourself.

The Standard Factory barrel that comes with the Walther is a great defensive lead guider. It is a very accurate and "tough" barrel and hard to make improvements to it that would be of any value in the factory Walther frame!

The Walther was desigend as a self-defense Pistol........ and its accuracy IMHO goes well beyond that which is needed to fit the intended purpose. Remember that a certain amount of "play" is needed in the slide to frame fitment to keep the Pistol's reliability factor HIGH. A very "tight" slide to frame fitment is great for a target gun, but not so great for a gun that has to go "bang" every time - even if it is dirty or dropped in sand.
The exception to this rule [ and there is always exceptions ] are the "hand made" Pistols like the Wilson or NightHawks. These guns are certainly reliable in all conditions, but the price tag of $2,000 to $3,000 tells you why.

I would stick with the factory barrel - unless I needed a threaded barrel for some reason. Just my opinion, after working with my "Bar-Sto" extended Ported Barrel.

JF.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Sniper350,
I guess you had your ears out....
I have not seen you around in some time.... how did your AR project turn out... isn't that why you were busy as of late ??

Hope all is well with you....

Oliver

·
Registered
333 Posts
Uncut,
Things are great....thanks for asking ! Yes, my AR project has taken up a lot of my time, but I try to keep my ears out when I can.

The RRA AR15 build really turned out nice......I decided to fully load this AR with everything from Laser sighting to an adjustable power scope. Everything attached to a Quad rail system....except the scope which is mounted by a quick release "riser" by YHM,Inc. The final touch is going to be a "Silencer" [ when the paperwork clears ] that is rated for full auto fire.

JF.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice I think I spend the money on a Galco Miami holster I've wanted one for sevral years

BTW: RRA makes great products you can't go wrong the service and support are top notch, just the waiting list

Thanks for the help...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts