Walther Forums banner

Jammed - Wrong Ammunition Type

7K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  searcher451 
#1 ·
This is embarrassing, but here it goes; like a dummy I tried using 9mm Makarov in my PPX, (which fires 9mm Luger) and as a result jammed the weapon. The slide won't budge and I'm at a loss as to how to fix it. Please advise!

#3 ·
Did the round fire, or is it a live round jammed in the chamber? If it's a live round, it goes to a 'smith. If it's a shell jammed in the chamber, you "may" be able to tap it out with a small diameter hardwood dowell. Best bet, take it to the gunsmith.

#11 ·
This is a job for a professional. Consider this a learning experience, and an inexpensive one.

Your smith will probably soak the pistol in warm penetrating oil to try to deactivate the primer.

He will put the slide in a padded vise.

Then he will gear up with heavy gloves, leather apron and safety glasses plus a face shield and tap the round out. He will make a point of staying well clear of the muzzle and ejection port as he works.

Let us know how it comes out.

#12 ·
smashtalk,

I greatly appreciate you posting this. There may be plently of people who could accidently do this and then try to fix it for themselves and get hurt. Truly appreciate your letting us learn from your mistake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.