Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if James Rankin was still alive. I sent a early PPK to him to authenticate about 15 years ago. Anybody know? Thanks

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Put the gun in the NCIC database (report it lost or stolen), and with any luck, it might turn up somewhere down the road. FFL holders are supposed to keep entries and records, so if he was or is an FFL holder, there may be a record of where it went. This might also start a brief investigation by LE on your behalf.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im sorry , I did not explain better. I got the gun back but I needed some type of “ Lettter of Authintictity. Sounds like , I need to get it from somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That's a relief. I'm sure someone here has picked up the torch for being able to render a professional assessment.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Im sorry , I did not explain better. I got the gun back but I needed some type of “ Lettter of Authintictity. Sounds like , I need to get it from somewhere else.
I figured that's what you meant. I was just being silly.

·
Registered
158 Posts
@Kar98
Not trying to be a smart-aleck but have you tried Walther directly? If Fort Smith can't help you then surely they can get you in touch with someone in Germany at the factory who is a historian, expert, etc.. Dr. Peter Dallhammer, Product Manager of Walther Arms, from the History of Walther would be a good one to ask (see link below). Maybe you could get in touch with him. Probably doesn't get any better than a letter from him authenticating what it is.

·
Registered
81 Posts
These aren’t rocket science to authenticate. Why do a letter?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts