Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My primary dealer/advisor/BS'er called today and said the P99AS would be in tomorrow. The HK P2000 should be in Friday as should the Crimson Trace grips for the SIG P239. Just in time to enjoy during a 2 month visit on a farm in Illinois. Every visit brings out the Cowboy shooters vs: the Techy bunch.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Ship---,

I knew from the first grade of many--many years ago, that I wanted the best. I married my first grade sweetheart. My training of many (only one many) years ago taught me that the "best" of material things will be as loyal and protective as the love of my life.

I, as once before, gain much satisfaction in using good (great) arms in displaying some degree of ability in defining their purpose. I now protect only my ailing wife and myself in a hostile environment (Florida).

Now, for the loyal: My drive to get a 99AS was from your love (Ship----) of the weapon. I eagerly await the enjoyment I will gain from the 99AS. If I am dissapointed in any fashion, you!!! will be RESPONSIBLE !!!!!

Dave

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotta phone call today. Everything is in and waiting for me. Hopefully I can visit the range before the trip to the farm. If not, the corn is in danger.

Thanks to all who prodded me in the direction of the P99. Especially Ship.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's REALLY here !

100 rounds at the range today. Nice, but different. By the time we have 500-700 rounds, we both should be comfortable. I was "playing" with the DA mode and found it to be very different from the SIG239 and the PPK/S-1. I need more range time to get the feel of it.

It was very easy to hold and to use (in SA, especially). Still of great surprise, and pleasure, to me is how easy it is to clean. And, I now understand the talk about the recoil spring assembly. Reminds me of a banana.

I am at the edge of the "Walther Lovers" clan and might soon understand why they are. The PPK/S-1 and I had a "Brain Meld" (prior to the failure) and I eagerly await the same with the P99AS (wanting no failures).

Am I glad I did not buy a Glock ? YEEESSSSSSSSSSSS !

Thanks, All

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Photo,

I'm happy to be here with people who encourage and help me. I am having great fun, and in an age of unmitigated violence, regaining some ability to defend my loved ones. Damn !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I'm happy to be here with people who encourage and help me. I am having great fun, and in an age of unmitigated violence, regaining some ability to defend my loved ones.
Ditto what Dave said.

These firearms forums, of which I have joined several, are full of helpful knowledgeable people. The moderators and senior members are great. As new members we learn and find encouragement in personal and family defense, serious collecting, recreational shooting, weapon maintenance, and preserving our constitutional right to possess and use the best guns available.
Thanks in large part to this bunch here, of the ten guns I now have, four are Walthers.

Russell

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the HK P2000 V3 is now "home". Opportunities to visit the range are limited, but I must say that the "feel ot it" is good. I now have three human/mechanical matches (Walther, SIG, HK) to explore and evaluate for my liking. My desire is to accept all and be clever enough to use them without thinking about what I have in my hand. Years ago this was no problem.

"Years ago". Damn!! I'm old, but I'm trying to recover some of my past skills and the enjoyment of a bullseye once in a while.

Bottom line-----I'm having fun !!!!!

Thanks again for the help and encouragement. Ship-----special thanks.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts