Walther Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=90657912

This seller on GunBroker starts his auctions with no reserve. It's interesting to see what his stuff sells for.

This PPk is very nice. Should give everyone an idea of the actual, true, selling worth/value of a Walther PPK like this. The audience on GunBroker is huge and a motivated buyer will pay top dollar.

Let's see what it goes for....

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
That should be an interesting auction.

Bummer about the manual though. That would be it's only weak point.

I can't tell for sure, but I think I see some wear on the points at the front of the slide. They always seem to wear there first. Could be a reflection thought.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think the manual is serial numbered to the gun. It wouldn't be too hard to find one on another auction site. I've seen them before.

The test target is the really nice thing to have with the gun.

As nice as his guns are, Joe-Deb needs a better display stand for his photos. I know he likes taking pictures outdoors in natural light, but the cardboard on top of the patio table just has to go!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
No, they aren't serial numbered to the gun, it would just have been nice to get the complete package as it was when it left Germany.

Still, very nice.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It's currently at $810.00 with 15 bidders and 1,069 views. A little less than 3 days until it closes.

I just love it anytime I see a nice one with all accs. selling for so much more than I paid for any of mine:)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I knew it was gonna go pretty high. That just goes to show that the "alligator box" .380's in good condition are very, very desirable.

I remember my dad seeing them at the gun shows circa 1975 or so and saying, "I have one just like that son. Look at the price. $300!!! Wow! I only paid $100 for mine."

My dad would love that they've become so desirable.

The interesting thing is that you can go to purchase a brand new S&W version of the Walther PPK in .380 today for under $500 and it's made of stainless steel.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I hear you mm6mm6. Don't you wish you could go back in time and buy about 10?

A couple years ago I priced a NIB ppk from Earl's at about 1400. I sometimes wonder how much impact he has on driving the price up on these collectable Walthers. I recently purchased a P88 based on what I knew Earl was selling them for. I paid 400 less than Earl's price, but still shelled out 1200 for it:eek: .

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've purchased a few guns (non-Walther) from Joe and he is a great seller who really does have some nice pieces to sell. Having said that, his auctions almost always go WAY high - he has a large following of regular customers with deep pockets. Sounds like the free market in action, right? ;)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Joe-Deb does have some amazing guns that come up for sale. The prices sure do go high too. I do like that they never have a reserve. That strategy worked very, very well for me when I had to sell my dad's gun collection to raise money for my mom.

I started them all on GunBroker at a penny with no reserve.

The prices went sky high. I've bought and sold on GB and I've never had a problem.

Many of my dad's guns were valuable because he kept the original boxes and paperwork. When I shipped them, I bought $10 hard plastic cases at Bass Pro Shops and put the gun in one case and then I protected the old cardboard boxes in another hard plastic case.

A couple high bidders were very happy with my packaging (after all, they were paying thousands of dollars so I had no problem expending $20 for the plastic cases) and they bid (and sometimes won) on more guns.

One guy took out his 401(k) contributions to buy a whole bunch of firearms off GunBroker from me. He believes that the firearms he bought would be worth much more 20 years from now as an investment. I think he's right too.

He had to buy a second gunsafe!

·
Patron
212 Posts
'Joe*Deb' on gunbroker is just like 'Jack the Dog' on Auction Arms. He has the same giant following, starts at a penny and his stuff goes crazy high, but is always quality stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts