Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After feeling extremely lucky for months, I found small cracks in both magazine floorplates for my AD 40 SW P99!

Anyways, all I do is call S&W right?  Will they send me new floorplates for free?  Will I pay shipping?  Will the new floorplates crack again!?!?  I was wondering if those that have had this problem have had luck with the replacement floorplates.

Thanks for your input.  At least the mags haven't dumped rounds all over the place while at the range, how embarassing.....

-stunks

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yes, Yes, No, Maybe.

My replacements cracked too. After they sent replacements for the replacements, they were marked S&W, and those are holding up just fine...

·
Registered
55 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stunksinatl @ Feb. 08 2005,6:23)]After feeling extremely lucky for months, I found small cracks in both magazine floorplates for my AD 40 SW P99!

Anyways, all I do is call S&W right?  Will they send me new floorplates for free?  Will I pay shipping?  Will the new floorplates crack again!?!?  I was wondering if those that have had this problem have had luck with the replacement floorplates.

Thanks for your input.  At least the mags haven't dumped rounds all over the place while at the range, how embarassing.....

-stunks
shit.......sorry to hear it........mfers cant make plastic? i have an KI year model and no probs in 40 cal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this problem after 150 rounds, called S&W, and at no cost I had my new floor-plates in a week! They are marked S&W and have held up well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just my two cents but if this is a common problem with the floor plates it may not be a bad idea to take a good copy to a machine shop and have one made out of steel. I don't know what it would cost but I would hate to have one fail when you need it most.

·
Registered
539 Posts
JBL: I looked into this a while back. It's a pretty complicated shape to machine out of steel or aluminum. The cost would be appreciable (say $25 a piece to manufacture). I still intend to see if I can make a simpler version that would work 100% but cuts some asthetic corners.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Allrighty!

Looks like S&W are getting a phone call tomorrow.  I hope the new ones hold up!

Thanks for the info guys.  Have a great night.

-stunks

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update,

Called S&W over a week ago (maybe more). They said that they have the mag floor/buttplates on order from Germany, but they do not yet have a shipping date (which probably means a month or more of waiting).

At the range on Friday night, I shot extremely well until round number 47/200 that I brought. The magazine buttplate with the worst crack on it broke clean off! Luckily, the magspring was stuck in the magazine so I didn't spill ammo all over the floor.

I then proceed to move the leftover rounds into the other magazine. Begin to fire, and after 2 shots, that one breaks!!! Now I have a home defense weapon that is useless, save for a clubbing. At least I won't have to buy ammo for my next trip to the range.

Any ideas on how I can get Walther to rush those puppies from Deutschland? Perhaps they are waiting on buttplates marked P99 instead of SW99? I don't know, what do you guys think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts