Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new PPK/S 22. I've had nothing but issues with it. I get just about every type of jam there is. I'm not expecting perfection, but I would like to empty one clip out with out a failure to feed, or double feed, light strikes and squib loads.

I know its picky about the ammo. I've tried just about all of them. The last type I tried were CCI Stingers. They run amazingly in my Ruger MK 4. I popped 3 or 4 rounds, very smooth, then the next round squibbed, powder blasted out from under the frame.

I'm not sure if there was an obstruction that caused it. Or if I over-lubricated it. I've never had a squib before. I'm not sure if its me, the ammo or the gun. It barely compares to my PPK/S 380.

Is it common for the trigger guard to not be more flush with the frame?

Also, whats this? Its not rust. But it looks like a cut in the slide there.

If anyone could give me advice I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Sorry to hear you’re having troubles. I don’t have mine with me but something doesn’t look right with that slide. Can you take a picture of right side of the pistol? The squib may have caused the next round to ignite outside the chamber and damaged the slide. I’ve had that happen or twice. Call Walther support and explain what’s going on. If it needs fixing, the will do it for free inclusive of shipping both ways, and my experience is they do it very quickly.

I had a lot of issues with mine when I first bought it. Overtime it has become a good plinker. Now I get an occasional stove pipe which is my clue to give it a good cleaning. It will never be a collectors gun.

This pistol takes a good bit of wearing in, and likes CCI Mini Mags, Remington Golden Bullets. what I’d suggest you do is to remove the recoil spring, lightly lubricate the slide, and reassemble the pistol. Then manually rack the slide a few hundred times to accelerate the wear-in process.
Then using a firm two handed grip and some good ammo ( no need for stingers ) give it another try.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The last type I tried were CCI Stingers. They run amazingly in my Ruger MK 4. I popped 3 or 4 rounds, very smooth, then the next round squibbed, powder blasted out from under the frame.

I'm not sure if there was an obstruction that caused it. Or if I over-lubricated it.
Over-lubricated WHAT? Gun or ammo???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.