Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I been having 2 issues woth my CCP was wondering if anyone else has ran into this. 1st major issue is I can not eject live round from my CCP. I carry daily with one in the chamber. Once I get home I like to take that round out since I do have kids in the house. It took me about 5 time to finally rack slide back and clear round. Never had this issue before. I clean gun all around took apart extractor and clean all areas and still doing this. Went out to the range to see if this would have an extraction issue shooting but none. It's shoots fine, ejects round and loads round fine. 2nd annoying issue is every time I take magazine out 1 or 2 round just fall out of it. I have to be ready to catch rounds when unloading my CCP. Very annoying. I have own this CCP for about 2 year and rotate it into my dailg carry every so often. I like the CCP but because of this issue I probably wont carry it at all anymore. I have not contacted walther yet wanted to hear from you guys first to have idea of what I'm dealing here with

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
624 Posts
For the first issue I don't recall hearing of problems ejecting a round by hand. Are you using new factory brass ammo?

For the second issue, there have been several threads on this. Because of the feed ramp and magazine design, the next round to be loaded can move pretty far forward. When the magazine is removed from the pistol, the front of the round is lifted when entering the magazine well and pulls free from the magazine feed lips. Behavior might depend on the round's over all length.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had the same issue as #2 when i used hornaday critical defense, with the plated steel casing, switched back to winchester silvertip with brass casing and have the had a problem since.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tried different ammo hornady, sig, Winchester and federal and still cant rqck slide the way it support to

·
Registered
624 Posts
When you were at the range did you have anyone else (like a range officer) try to manually unload a round?

You have tried various ammo and if the problem occurs with more that one user, I'm guessing that would be good info for Walther.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah had a couple of buddies try maybe 3 out of 5 time it happens whe we are trying back to back

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That my next step is emailing walther about issue. It just wierd to me , extractor fine ejector in fine the only thing I can think of is something is catching inside when extracting. With no mag in and no rounds I can rack in but there is a noise I here like a hard click. This may be the end to me carrying the CCP. I will prob go back to carrying PPQ

·
Registered
624 Posts
That my next step is emailing walther about issue. It just wierd to me , extractor fine ejector in fine the only thing I can think of is something is catching inside when extracting. With no mag in and no rounds I can rack in but there is a noise I here like a hard click. This may be the end to me carrying the CCP. I will prob go back to carrying PPQ

Good observations about when the magazine is not inserted.

It has been a while since I used Walther customer support, but I got a quicker response when calling instead of using email.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts