Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you guys been to israel? or do you know where i can find the laws pretaining to how we can legally bring our guns? i have called the airlines and have got nothing but rude responses. My question to them was can i bring a handgun in a locked container with my checked baggage? the lady was like are you serious? what do you think? Im like....Yes sinces its ok from state to state in the american side of the airlines, then shes like i dont know.... call tomorrow and talk to my co-worker. talk about crappy service and im not even a customer yet.

·
Registered
471 Posts
This has nothing to do with Israel, but my Nephew did not want to take his Colt Officers with him to Iraq saying that he could take it over there alright, but getting it back home was his concern...
Just food for thought.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Forget it.  There is no way you can bring it in.  The laws are very clear.  It will be confiscated by the authorities.  getting a gun permit require you to have a good justification.  Most people will be limited to one gun only.  To have more you need a special permit that is almost impossible to obtain.
Keep it in a safe place in the US.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shalom!

Hey Zeevbi, that's a shame that I can not bring my weapon with me. How can I obtain a permit once I am in Israel? Would it be possible to go ahead and start applying for one ?Technically I am an Israeli citizen and will be arriving into the country soon. I served in the American Army and now I feel that I need to serve my people in Israel. I will be going to an ulpan to learn Hebrew and then make my way into the IDF.

-Joshua

·
Registered
53 Posts
When you serve the army and you over 21 you are entitled as far as I know to a gun permit. I am not sure if it is rank dependend. It will expire when you out of the service. As a civilian you need a good cause. You either live near the border in an area cosidered unsafe or if your job requires that you travel in such an area regolarly. Rules are changing all the time and can not be predicted. You better go to the website of the government and get more information. It is in Hebrew so you'll need someone to do the translation for you. Good luck with the move.
http://www.moin.gov.il/

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have relatives in Israel, the way they told me is also you are only allowed 100 rounds of ammo per year, if you go to the range to shoot you can buy all you want & shoot all you want but cannot take it home with you. Don't know if it has changed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Now it is 50 rounds. But ammo was never a problem here. There are ways to get as much as you need and take it home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts