Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The P99 did have a name. It was called the Walther Hammerless. It was never plastered all over the P99.

Reactions: Darkstar888

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I would like a .45 ACP Version...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I think it looks great. I'll reserve judgement until I see it. I was never impressed with the PPX. Never bought one. I might buy this one. I'll wait and see :)

James

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I think it looks great. I'll reserve judgement until I see it. I was never impressed with the PPX. Never bought one. I might buy this one. I'll wait and see :)

James

Again I ask. This really looks different than a PPX to you? What am I missing here?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Again I ask. This really looks different than a PPX to you? What am I missing here?

Blocky vs Smooth and flowing lines. Plus it has CREED on the slide and grip. 😜

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Eh. Still looks pretty blocky to me. Rounded trigger guard and slightly different slide release and takedown lever and sights. Slightly more profiled slide. Still just a PPX gen 2 if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Looks like a PPX/PPQ love child...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I can only imagine a "new and improved" Creed P99 AS...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

James
I agree. It looks much more like the PPQ now. Not for me but I think Walther may have a winner on their hands for the sub $400 market.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
What it looks like is well down the list for me. Hell, it looks like just about every other pistol they've released in the past few years.

Again, does it work -- straight out of the box, as in right now? And what is its intended market/niche? Do I give up my PPS? My P99C? The CCP? Something else entirely?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Looks like we'll be having to change the name of the PPX Forum to PPX/CREED, that or add a "CREED (PPX M2) New Production by Umarex, 2016 or later" subforum.

Again, does it work -- straight out of the box, as in right now? And what is its intended market/niche?
Seeing as it appears to be little more than a PPX M2 with a catchier name, one would presume that it's reliability should be on par with it's predecessor, and it's niche is the same as well, that being a lower-priced alternative to the P99/PPQ.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
It's supposed to be an all around entry level gun with good ergonomics and a good trigger. They say it's compact enough to carry but big enough for home defense or range gun. Was the first PPX an Ulm or Umarex?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well I guess the Creed is the PPX M2 we all wondered if they would ever make. I will stick with my PPX M1.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
What it looks like is well down the list for me. Hell, it looks like just about every other pistol they've released in the past few years.

Again, does it work -- straight out of the box, as in right now? And what is its intended market/niche? Do I give up my PPS? My P99C? The CCP? Something else entirely?

Walther is cashing in on the appearance bandwagon of the PPQ...everything since 2011 has been redesigned at some point to resemble it, save for the P99.and give WA time, they'll ass that one up too and make it look like every thing else they've rolled out.

As for replacing a CCP or P99c.....it's about as different as a tractor and a trailer truck...both have wheels and engines and you drive them, they have different purposes.

The new "PPX" (sorr, I AIN'T gonna refer to it as what they're calling it) is a budget, entry level mid-size handgun that happens to have a better trigger than ANYTHING in it's price range (unless Walther put 10 pounds in the trigger of the "PPX M2")

Still, I'll take either the PPX M1, OR the "PPX M2".....wonder if there's a way to fill in the dumbassed "creed" bits...that's hideous.

Reactions: Darkstar888

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well at least they didn't call it "PPQ Neo" or "PPQ Lite" or some other PPQ naming convection. I would have been fine with PPX M2 especially since they went to the trouble of calling it the PPX M1!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
It's supposed to be an all around entry level gun with good ergonomics and a good trigger. They say it's compact enough to carry but big enough for home defense or range gun. Was the first PPX an Ulm or Umarex?
Ulm. Has the Antler Proof...

41 - 60 of 265 Posts