Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date 10-24

Walther Arms has some cryptic announcement on their Facebook page today with a series of jigsaw puzzle pieces and the words, "a set of fundamental beliefs that guide one's actions".

I don't know if this is some sort of get out and vote thing or if they are announcing a new gun. I have heard rumblings that they had something new coming out from a statement to my friend Brian Smith (colorworks on the forum- he did the dirty CCP thread). But I really don't know what's going on and wondered if any of you did....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
That doesn't sound like something that could segue into the announcement of a new firearm, but with marketing being as confusing as it is today, who knows?

It sounds like a definition ripped from a dictionary... Maybe the word it defines could be another clue?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
This maybe, the Creed?? Looks like a reworked PPX? Link to Walther page from article has been removed though??

New From Walther Arms: Creed 9mm Pistol - The Truth About Guns

Walther’s just announced a value priced addition to its line of handguns. Called the Creed, the “pre-cocked double action” TENIFER-coated pistol will pack 16+1 rounds of 9mm parabellum in a size that should make it a viable choice for one gun to handle both concealment and home defense duties…all for an MSRP of $399. If it also sports the kind of superior out-of-the-box trigger so many other Walthers have, the affordable Creed should be very much in demand. Here’s their press release:
Walther Arms, Inc. is proud to announce the new Creed pistol. A Creed is a set of fundamental beliefs. For Walther, those beliefs are superior ergonomics, excellence in trigger design, and unparalleled accuracy, quality, and reliability. The new Walther Creed makes a statement in modern polymer-frame handguns that all of these features can be achieved with
an economic price- tag. The Creed offers a reinforced polymer frame with signature ergonomics that shooters have come to expect from Walther. The non-slip grip texturing, standard on most Walther pistols, ensures the gun remains firmly in the shooter’s hand during use. The Creed features a pre-cocked double-action trigger system and a bobbed hammer that ensure a no-snag draw from a concealment. This system provides the shooter with a light and smooth trigger pull, consistent from the first shot to the last. All metal components are treated with a corrosion and abrasion resistant TENIFER® coating, providing a matte black hardened surface. With an ambidextrous magazine release, low profile steel 3-dot sights, and front and rear cocking serrations on the slide, Walther refused to compromise on the quality or features of the Creed. Offered in 9mm with a 4-inch barrel and 1/10 twist. The Creed comes with two sixteen round 9mm magazines. The overall length is 7.3 inches and an empty magazine weight of 26.6 ounces.

“The value the Creed offers consumers is almost unbelievable. We are so excited to pack all these features into an amazingly ergonomic pistol with a great trigger.” said Luke Thorkildsen, VP of Marketing & Product Development of Fort Smith-based Walther Arms, Inc.

The MSRP is $399

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
But that makes no sense. The PPX for whatever reason was dropped. So let's make it look cheaper, give it a goofy name, and reissue it?

I'd rather have the PPX in it's original form, as it were.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I think I will keep my PPX and pass on this 'Apollo Creed' version if what I'm seeing is true.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The PPX was ugly as sin and that makes a difference to a lot of buyers I guess. At a street price of probably around $349 eventually these should sell well for those in the market for a sub $400 pistol. Not my cup of tea though and I am sure not what most of us were hoping for.

Hard to tell from picture but by description this one has external bobbed hammer.

Looks more like a PPQ too.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
But that makes no sense. The PPX for whatever reason was dropped. So let's make it look cheaper, give it a goofy name, and reissue it?

I'd rather have the PPX in it's original form, as it were.
That's marketing for you... Rereleasing a product under a different name under the belief that it will make said product sell better. Sadly, this is a business tactic which has proven successful.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Is Walther announcing a new gun today???

I don't think I understand what they mean by a pre cocked DA with a bobbed hammer. And don't understand what is different from the PPX. Looks the same, same capacity, both have a hammer.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
If this gun is truly the next Walther release, it's nothing more than a reskinned PPX. I'll bet an empty .45 casing the mags will interchange....

Looks like PPS sights, too, so at least sight commonality with the older poly framed guns will carry on.

Damn, I was hoping for a paddle release PPQ 45 5", too. :D

Reactions: MFWIC

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

I was convinced that it was a reworked CCP due to the picture of the sights. (All that I had seen).

I think that the sights are the same a CCP sights. They look lower profile than PPS sights. So maybe the good news is that the CCP will finally get some night sights...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Uh oh. The Truth About Guns website removed the article about the Creed.

Maybe something will change or was incorrect.

Reactions: Rorshack

·
Registered
201 Posts
My fear is that it was correct, just published pre-maturely... The items listed in above posts match the PPX to a T so I think we are all right on what will be announced... PPX under a different name...

Not bad, just not what I was personally hoping for...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

Maybe something will change or was incorrect.
More likely they released an article prematurely.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Is this the first Walther pistol to have an actual word for a name?

I think I liked it better when they didn't feel the need to cater to the American market.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

Interesting observation. Technically correct. Although PP always was short for Police Pistol. And CCP for concealed carry pistol.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts