Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Walther PP experts, this is a question, I hope that you experts can shed my doubt.

I think it is to be expected that the edges on each side of the slide perfectly flat when leaving the factory.

Well at first glance it looks like this. But if you look at it tilted in good light, you see a very small very light roughing hole only at one point, about half an inch to the right of the serial number.

The blue polish is perfect, but only this detail is what leads me to suspect, that perhaps it is re-bluing. No small scratches typical of re.bluing.
Although I have a lot of experience in weapons, in general I realize if it is bluing from the factory, in this case I cannot determine it, because I have no experience with the Walther PP series.

Attached photos, waiting for help.

Thanks for your invaluable help! experts.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I've understood what you want to know. Hard to tell from your pics. The question for me is: Is there bluing inside the scratch/cut? If so, I would think it's reblued. If you see a bit blank steel, it happend later and is not reblued. You may use your loupe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've understood what you want to know. Hard to tell from your pics. The question for me is: Is there bluing inside the scratch/cut? If so, I would think it's reblued. If you see a bit blank steel, it happend later and is not reblued. You may use your loupe.
Dear Martin, Thank you very much for your expert response.

Perhaps it helps to explain, that it is not a scratch or cut but rather it is a very, very slight depression in an area of about 1/2 inch. There are no typical signs of scratches, also if it has very small spots of old oxidations in other parts of the slide that make me suspect that it is not re-bluing, the same as it keeps the aged white paint from both the crosshair and the upside.

You know if the slides were polished by hand, in the factory? If so, it may be due to a small factory failure, otherwise I am afraid it may be a re-buying but very old because if you see small rust marks that if they were re-buying they should have disappeared.
Also the rest of the gun is intact, if there is a slight color difference between the two buying but like you Martin, you know better than me, this, from what I have read, it seems that the frame of the gun was finished in Manufrance and the slides were sent to Germany to be marked for writing and subsequent buying.

Excuse the length of my message.
Thanks again, Mr. Martin.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. Martin, excuse my English is not good, I do my best.
Instead of the word "buying", I should have written "blue finish" and instead of "re-buying" I should have written "re-bluing".
Thank you, I hope you understand.
Greeting

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I do my very best ;)
Differences in bluing slide vs. frame are logical. Slide was rollmarked, hardened, grinded and blued in Ulm while frame was blued in France. Grinding was made very slightly, polishing was done by hand. So yes, an optical mistake is always possibe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do my very best ;)
Differences in bluing slide vs. frame are logical. Slide was rollmarked, hardened, grinded and blued in Ulm while frame was blued in France. Grinding was made very slightly, polishing was done by hand. So yes, an optical mistake is always possibe.
Dear Martin, I congratulate you on your knowledge of Walther Pistols, and I deeply appreciate your help.

I will tell you that it has taken a lot of regret out of me with its excellent technical response, which in fact my gun has factory blue.
I tell him that I was very distressed by this topic, because I thought I had been deceived by the arms store, until I read his last message, which I am very happy about.

Thank you Mr. Martin, greetings

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
So I want some real good pics of your gun! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts