Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my new Q5 match less than 3 months. I’ve brought it to an indoor range 3 times so far and it seems to me that it’s already rusting by the ejection port. Anyone else have this issue? Pics below

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
PHP:
"Brass Kisses" that's cute, yes my AR pistol does that too. Cleans right off though.
I got an AR pistol also. Similar in style and hardware but different manufacturers. Sig Red Dot (which I plan to replace) instead of the flips.
But what’s going on with the selector switch. On Full Semi? :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
PHP:
I got an AR pistol also. Similar in style and hardware but different manufacturers. Sig Red Dot (which I plan to replace) instead of the flips.
Good eye, kinda? Here's the build specs:
Started with a stock Springfield Armory Saint Pistol .556 and then added or replaced...
1. Fostech Binary II Trigger w/upgraded trigger spring.
2. Strike Industries Angled Foregrip.
3. Timber Creek Skeletonized Enlarged Trigger Guard.
4. PDW Collapsible Arm Brace.
5. Sig Sauer Laser Sight.
6. M-Bus Rear Sight.
7. Odin Skeletonized Extended Mag Release.
8. Phase 5 Skeletonized Extended Bolt Release (one piece).
9. Geislle Super Charging Handle.
10. Anti-Walk Tigger Pins.
11. Indignant Arms Coco Bolo Grips and M-lock Panels.

My upgrades ran about the same as the pistol.
Here are some better pictures.
With the Binary Trigger she runs faster than most full auto, legally too (in the free states).

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Got a friend who just installed an Echo Trigger but I have yet to see it in action.
Nice gun though. Much more fancy then mine!

Reactions: 03hemi

·
Registered
263 Posts
I’ve had my new Q5 match less than 3 months. I’ve brought it to an indoor range 3 times so far and it seems to me that it’s already rusting by the ejection port. Anyone else have this issue? Pics below
Looking normal to me

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
290 Posts
Got a friend who just installed an Echo Trigger but I have yet to see it in action.
Nice gun though. Much more fancy then mine!
The Fostech "Echo" II is probably what your buddy has like mine and is the best one on the market today. PM me your email address and I'll send you a condensed video clip of it at the range going through a 30rnd mag, if you want to see it in action.

·
Registered
290 Posts
PHP:
Hey DukeIronHand, I just went back and read my response post and my response to you was, "good eye, kinda" I didn't mean you had "kind of a good eye" like it sounds, but good eyes and yes, it kinda had a selector switch. lol sometimes what we type sounds right in our heads, but reads completely different when read back later. Sorry if there was any misconception due to my ignorance. ha ha

·
Registered
263 Posts
You are going to have to do some serious work to get the finish on the ppq to rust or come off, over 10k rounds and I've had it 2 years, thing still looks almost new. If you want your finish to wear off and possibly rust get a canik

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey DukeIronHand, I just went back and read my response post and my response to you was, "good eye, kinda" I didn't mean you had "kind of a good eye" like it sounds, but good eyes and yes, it kinda had a selector switch. lol sometimes what we type sounds right in our heads, but reads completely different when read back later. Sorry if there was any misconception due to my ignorance. ha ha
No sweat sir. The written word can be tricky at times.

Reactions: 03hemi
1 - 15 of 15 Posts