Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walther PPK and Glock

I just purchased a Walther PPK. Paid $475 + FFL so it ended up like $500 bucks. I had never seen a PPK in "person" so it ended up being smaller that what I thought for my big hands. The gun is brand new in the box and never been fired. I cannot return it because is pass the 3 day inspection.

I was thinking in trading it for a new in the box, never fired Glock 23. Am I being realistic with this???

I thank you in advance for your opinion? Take care and be safe.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I think you are going to need another 75 to 100 to make that trade. However, look for a glock reconditioned g23. These are great buys. They are police dept trade ins to the factory. Glock refinishes the slides and replace all springs and internals that need it. I had one and could never tell it had been used before. It's been about 5 years, but i think I paid 450 and it came with the pre ban cap mags. Prices are probably lower today. I don't know where to tell you to look other than local shops. I will warn you, that the g23 is pretty "snappy" with the recoil, it was too painful for me to shoot for target practice, but I think it is among the ultimate self defense guns.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Me personally - I never buy used guns.

Glock 17/19/26 - all can be found for $499 or less. High calibers usually cost a bit more - and I am generally only interested in 9mm. So, I don't know what the rate of a Glock 23 would be worth - But, I would imagine that you should be able to trade for one, or maybe add just a few dollars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts