Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
It is neither a 3D model nor a airsoft.......

This is a computer animated 3D picture if I get their German correct and at this point it is not incorperated into a game.
I must say the slide looks way coool... though I don't care how wide and square the backstrap is.
Some kid had a good imagination however it is just too bad the gun won't work in that condition in real live... not even as a DAO were no decocker would be needed.... it has no place to house a striker....

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Looks too Glockish for me...and what is it set up for some optics? Look at the rear sight and the front sight is so small it sits too low to even be effective.

Looks like a 10mm from the muzzle and what is that an ambi-decocker?

·
Registered
525 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jake Starr @ Sep. 30 2006,5:05)]Looks too Glockish for me...and what is it set up for some optics? Look at the rear sight and the front sight is so small it sits too low to even be effective.

Looks like a 10mm from the muzzle and what is that an ambi-decocker?
How can you tell a 10mm for a .40 at the muzzle?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
you guys crack me up....
I would agree with JakeStarr... it's a 10mm since it is done in Germany..... they do it all metric....

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's not even a very good model. I started on one myself a few months ago, and had something nearly as detailed in like 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Details of the handgun aside, I thought it was pretty well done. The shadows and lighting looked realistic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This topic convinced me to start on a new P99 model. It's nowhere near done (still needs textures, and transposing the curvey grip to polygons is harder than I thought..) but here's a preview render:

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
keep it coming..... I like them...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Okay for you computer savvy guys, I have a project for you. I want you to design a P99 pistol carbine, something that resembles a Beretta Storm or better yet an upgrade of the G22. Think you can do something like that? A little while back somebody made a long slide version of the P99. I emailed it to Walther Germany and the tech rep there said he printed it off, showed it to some of their engineers and now has it hanging in his office. I know for a fact that Walther has no intentions of making a pistol caliber carbine, but hey who knows. If one of you guys came up with a cool design I will send it to them and you never know what might happen.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Does S&W have a  pistol caliber carbine

I think if S&W doesn't, it might get some more marketing than the P99 that competes with their own line of products
I think if Walther put as much effort in it as they did with the P99 for a decent price it would be a hit... look how many people have a Cx4...

I would love it... and for sure get one

·
Registered
174 Posts
Me too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts