Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Auction ended since the reserve wasnt met. Haggled for 800 through emails. If you scroll down you can see the pics. Need your guys opinion so I can make final decision!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
The wear mark on the right side looks normal (judging from the pic). Does the seller offer an inspection period?

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
It's hard to tell what's going on the left-hand side of the frame; I'd want a closer look, under a glass. Even at that, I don't think that I'd want to pay anything over $800, but that's just me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the left side? I only saw the right side.....O geeze this doesn't sound like its getting any better

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
It is really hard to tell from the photo. Have you asked the seller about it? Have you asked for a close up photograph? If the buyer provides you with a 3 day non-firing time frame to examine it, you should be fine.

R

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did indeed ask for a close up and asked if it was normal wear or pitting or whatever its called in one email. He kinda glossed over my question and responded to other things in the email.....starting to worry.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I did indeed ask for a close up and asked if it was normal wear or pitting or whatever its called in one email. He kinda glossed over my question and responded to other things in the email.....starting to worry.
If it were me, I'd pass then. Seller should be up front with you. Just my two cents.

R

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree. I emailed him and politely requested closeups of the left and right frame before we proceed. I personally dont believe it to be an unreasonable request so if he starts to get annoyed than Ill just have to keep searching.....again

·
Super Moderator
7,493 Posts
There are more fish in the sea.
Moon

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Looks to me like the lower edge of the slide on the RIGHT side got rusted, and was cleaned thereafter.

But to me, that's not the deal-breaker. Since you can't look inside, don't even think about buying any gun (especially an expensive one) on the internet without an ironclad inspection-and-return privilege. Anybody who won't grant that, you shouldn't be dealing with.

M

·
Registered
211 Posts
pass on it he's been trying to sell it at 900 for months now. IMO fair price for that pistol is around $650-700 max.

Good luck,

Tony

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Is there a particular reason you are looking for .380 versus .32?

R

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haven't heard back so I think I'll pass. This is getting frustrating. Everytime I'm about to FINALLY get my mitts on one something goes awry. Guess that means it will just be that much sweeter when I luck out. And Rothen I want the .380 because it will be my concealed carry piece. I know there are better options out there, guess I'm just a snob....

·
Registered
316 Posts
That looks like pitting to me. Looks rough, not smooth, and what would account for wear down to bare metal without corresponding wear on other raised surfaces? On the left side there are spots that might be lint or may be areas of surface rust removed. Make a counter-offer?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts