Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this on another forum and rec'd some feedback....thought I'd ask here also.......

Look at the pics.....there is a gap between the slide and frame at the muzzle end....is it warpped?

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I bought my '04 AS there were four to choose from, and all had this "warped" look, so I figured it was probably normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see this on Glocks all the time. Polymer is not going to be as ridgid as steel or aluminium alloy, so there may be some bending, but it's nothing that will affect function, I'm sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (James Bond 007 @ April 17 2005,8:12)]I see this on Glocks all the time. Polymer is not going to be as ridgid as steel or aluminium alloy, so there may be some bending, but it's nothing that will affect function, I'm sure.
wha?

i've never seen any glocks like this... new or used... nor have i ever heard of any complains/posts like this on glocktalk.com...

(i'm not saying glocks are better then walthers.... i like both just as much, can't pick one over the other-- that's why i have both
)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Like what's already been said, I don't think it'll hinder reliable functioning, but if you're anything like me, that kind of thing would drive me insane!!!

Have you tried emailing Waltheramerica, or calling them? I wonder what they'll say.

-stunks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Already sent in to S&W last Thursday....hadn't heard anything yet....

So, mine is not the only one......

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I have seen Glocks like that, although not that bad. This is the first time I've seen a Walther that bad.

I doubt it will effect functioning. It will be interesting to see what S&W says about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mine was the same way, drove me CRAZY to look at once I noticed it. I traded it for a P99 that I carfully inspected that time. I didn't send mine back because the guy on the phone told me it was impossible to be warped and I didn't feel like fighting about it with them.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts