Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

I just purchased a new P99 AS 9mm this past weekend.
I love the way this gun feels and shoots. The first 15 rounds were in a nice fist sized group at 12 yards.
As I was going through the contents of my box I found a test target. Reminds me of my German Sigs from years ago. :) The 25 meter test target is a good reminder of just how accurate this gun is. I'm very impressed to say the least!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yes indeed the P99 is some sweet shooter.
And if you like th full size you will be equally impressed with the compact.:D

Congrats on your purchase.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Hi folks!

I just purchased a new P99 AS 9mm this past weekend.
I love the way this gun feels and shoots. The first 15 rounds were in a nice fist sized group at 12 yards.
As I was going through the contents of my box I found a test target. Reminds me of my German Sigs from years ago. :) The 25 meter test target is a good reminder of just how accurate this gun is. I'm very impressed to say the least!

As I stated somewhere else, good choice!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have a QA and an AS, and I shoot both more accurately than any Glock, Hi Power 1911 or Sig that I have owned in the past. I think it is just due to a quality barrel and lock up fitting. BTW, the grip also helps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The P99 9mm was the first gun I ever hit the bull's eye first shot. It fits my hand SO well. My brother's girlfriend's sister *gasp* shot my P99 as the first gun she had ever shot, and put it right in the center first shot. (7 yards, but impressive nonetheless)

·
Registered
51 Posts
P99 accuracy

I think that some of the accuracy can be attributed to decent sights and a radius (distance between front and rear sights) that is relatively long for a compact pistol. Coupled with one of the best grips and inherent pointing capabilities in the industry, and you have a surprisingly accurate little gun. I don't find the lockup or tolerances to be especially tight. There is some slide-to-frame rattle and slide-to-barrel rattle in my Compact. But apparantly all the right parts wind up in the same position everytime when you pull the trigger. Even an average shooter, like myself, won't be embarassed outdoors at 25 yards with either the full-size or compact models. If I can shoot a PPS and find that it's anything like the P99C, I'll be looking for a good holster soon!

ciadst

1 - 9 of 9 Posts