Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased what was supposed to be a new Walther PPQ M2 5 inch 9mm. When I got home I noticed the slide does not have the holes cut into them. I called the dealer but he is closed until Monday. Can anyone tell me what I have. Included in the pics is the serial number in case that helps. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
The pictures show exactly what you have described in your first sentence, namely a Walther PPQ M2 5 inch 9mm (Walther 2813734).

Your second sentence seems to suggest that you have confused this model with a Walther Q5 Match (Walther 2813335).

Balor

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply. The pistol, as you can see on the pic, says PPQ. All the info I have read on this gun in this forum and other forums show the Walther PPQ M2 5 inch with a ported slide. I am trying to find out why this PPQ M2 5 inch does not have a ported slide.

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
I am trying to find out why this PPQ M2 5 inch does not have a ported slide.
Go to this link https://www.waltherarms.com/handguns/ppq/ppq-m2/ scroll down the page a little ways and you'll find this gun.

As to Why Walther offers this 'non-ported' slide, you probably need to ask Walther. In addition, the holes in the slide aren't really ports, as the barrel is not ported. The holes are there to lighten the slide.....AND some people think they look kool. :D Congratulations.....you STILL have a kool gun.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The pistol, as you can see on the pic, says PPQ.
For your information: The Walther Q5 Match, Q5 Match Champion, Q4, Q4 Tac, PPQ M2/M1 5" are ALL variants of the PPQ and ALL of them have the letters PPQ on the left side of the slide and on the supplied carrying case.

Since the pistol is unfired, just call your dealer and have him change it for the model you want.

Balor

·
Administrator
3,028 Posts
Thank you for the reply. The pistol, as you can see on the pic, says PPQ. All the info I have read on this gun in this forum and other forums show the Walther PPQ M2 5 inch with a ported slide. I am trying to find out why this PPQ M2 5 inch does not have a ported slide.
The story is the slide without the slide cuts is being produced at the request of law enforcement.

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
The story is the slide without the slide cuts is being produced at the request of law enforcement.
I've heard the same, and I believe it was discussed in a thread on this forum. Glock pistols that don't have these lightening cuts on the slides seem to do better in torture testing than those that do. I'd imagine that it would be the same with the Walther.

·
Administrator
3,028 Posts
I've heard the same, and I believe it was discussed in a thread on this forum. Glock pistols that don't have these lightening cuts on the slides seem to do better in torture testing than those that do. I'd imagine that it would be the same with the Walther.
There is a podcast available on YouTube with the directors of Product and Marketing fielding questions from a panel. The 5" "no slide cuts" version is mentioned as being produced as a result of LEO feedback. I believe for the reason you mention.

It sounds like there is quite a bit more Walther usage by US law enforcement than is generally known. Walther doesn't talk about it much for some reason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.