Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t know much about these pistols. I’ve been trying to read some but nothing I am finding makes much since to me. Different grips on each side? Different seriel numbers on frame and slide? Is this worthless as a collectible?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The pics didn’t come through near as clean as they are on my phone. It has Interarms import stamp. One grip says Manhurin the other says Walther.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Nice shooter, but the price tag seems a little high. Manurhin grip, Walther barrel, and ironically, the two different grip panels to match.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
It's an ex-German police surplus gun, refinished with a replacement slide and an incorrect left grip. I would not regard that as a "collectible", but these days people will collect anything, including old beer cans and cat whiskers.

An objective appraiser would view it as a mongrel of unknown mechanical condition. If functional, its value is as a shooter only, worth just its intrinsic value-- not some higher figure inflated for "collectibility". In other words, about half the asking price.

Just a personal preference on terminology: I called it a "mongrel" since all of its parts are at least proper for that model. A "frankengun" in my parlance would be a gun made up of parts from different models of guns, like a P.38 with a P4 upper.

M

·
Registered
481 Posts
If anyone is collecting retired police PP’s, the gun might be of interest. At any price below 400, I’d buy it.

It’s a former Bavarian police pistol. Slide and frame are both from the 1960s and could be an in-service reassembly; Bavaria also had copious amounts of both Manurhin- and Ulm-gripped pistols. Many Bavarian PP’s have the “wrong” grips, so switching around happened, although not one of each.

·
Registered
854 Posts
A nice shooter pistol. Just have fun with it in that nice 7.65mm caliber they were designed for. Sweet shooters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts