Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked through the posts and read of guys having to add a modified washer then having trouble with it staying solid even with loc-tite.

I was hoping that these were old posts that were made before the after market companies had produced sights specifically for the CCP but even the later ones are mentioning modifications.

For what these sights cost they should have all the hardware needed for a good secure fit.
If there is such an animal will someone tell the brand and part #?
And any needed details.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I wish that i had good news for you, but, as far as i know, there is not. I only speak from my experience, so there may be by other manufacturers, But, the good news is, some of us have already been through the issues, and know what works. I have the truglo tritium pros on mine, and with the addition of a #3 brass washer on the front screw, the front is snug as a bug. As far as the rear sight, i had to shave down the factory windage ajusting screw, just a minute amount, to get it in the recess that it sits in, after those two minor mods, you will love these sights.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the very helpful reply. Just one more detail please. On the shaving down of the windage screw. Is it the thread length, screw head diameter, or what exactly needs shaving down?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hello georgiajoe, the brand and model is TRUGLO TG231W3W Tritium Pro Handgun Sight - Walther CCP, as far as the windage screw, it is a allen set screw, so you would need to shave down the opposite end that the allen wrench goes into, it is not very much at all that needs to be taken off, so go slow, and check the fit often. So yes, it would be the length. And as far as taking off/on the rear sight, it is always best to push it off to the left, and pull it on from the left. Naturally, you will turn the windage screw, clockwise to remove the rear sight, (to the left) and counter clockwise, to install the sight. (From the left)

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think they are shipping the correct front screw now.

Got the sights today. The front screw wasn't too long and the head looked large enough. Maybe they're shipping shorter screws now. With the washer only three full threads would be used so I installed without the washer. See the picture.
The windage screw did need shaving a tiny amount.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

Kool, that looks like its gonna work good, keep us updated.
I put 50 rounds of the Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 124gr JHP's and two more clips of my carry ammo Fiocchi 124gr Hornady XTP JHP's and the screw didn't budge. Thanks again for all the help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts