Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to buy a P99c for a while now. Locally no one has it and it will be over $600 to get one. One of my local shops has a SW99c with the AS trigger. They have $499 on the tag and I bet I could get them down to at least $450 if not less. Now I am a die hard Walther fan but is the Walther logo reall worth over $150? Plus it is the AS trigger which I really like, help me make this call guys.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
S&W are really good. If you want to know more you need to ask Shipwreck. But he is willing to sell his USP just to get a full size P99. If you really are a die hard Walther fan then you will not be satisfied with a S&W no matter how good it is...cause it still ain't a Walther.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
If that is all U can get - get it - Before I got my P99 compact, I was told that none were available - so I was gonna get the SW99c - but they eventually tracked down the P99c.

I also have a SW99 fullsize - it is my fav gun right now. I even hard chromed it. It is the most accurate gun I have. Now, I did have a fullsize P99 for a short period of time, and I stupidly damaged it myself, so I sold it because it killed me to look at my best gun damaged. Now, I have the opportunity to get another Walther P99 - I should have it Thur or Fri.

The P99 I prev had was a tiny bit more accurate than my SW99.

When I gave up searching for a fullsize P99 and settled on the SW99 in Nov 05, I got it for a great price - $437 new. But, eventually, I still wanted the Walther version once I fell in love w/ the gun so much.

Is it worth it? Only U can answer that - if U think U will eventually want the Walther made P99 too - then buy it now. If you will stop w/ just the SW99 - then buy it. It is really the same gun w/ just a few aestheic differences. But, the Walther does look a little cooler. And, I can't explain that very slight increase in accuracy...

·
Registered
27 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CDPMan @ June 27 2006,9:04)]I have been looking to buy a P99c for a while now. Locally no one has it and it will be over $600 to get one. One of my local shops has a SW99c with the AS trigger. They have $499 on the tag and I bet I could get them down to at least $450 if not less. Now I am a die hard Walther fan but is the Walther logo reall worth over $150? Plus it is the AS trigger which I really like, help me make this call guys.
Hey CDPMan, I know where there is a P99c NIB for $485. It is in Springfield, Missouri.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts