Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't seem to be on the Walther site. Were they good pistols? Any issues? I like to have a very small pocket pistol for when I can't carry anything larger, and used to have a Beretta 21 that was a nice little pistol. But the new ones I see look alot rougher than the old ones, and the blued models come w/ the cheesy gold accents.

Any pther pocket pistols anybody can recommend, that would be similar in size to the Beretta 21's?

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nope sadly the TPH is no longer

I have a Stainless TPH that I love and will love even more when it gets back from being tweaked.

You can find them on the Gun auction sites and at shows if you are lucky.

Other pocket gun
North American Arms Guardians 32 and 380
Smaller yet are the Mini Revolvers 22 short to 22 Mag.

I also like the Beretta's.

Personally I would stay away from anything Kel-Tec, BAD experiance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Stainless,
What kind of bad experience did you have with Kel-Tec? I own several P-32's, and other than the crappy sights, I can't say anything bad about them. Frankly, I like them better than my Seecamp. I'm alsways curious as to other people's experience with pistols, especially pocket pistols. I notice you like Berettas--I used to own a Tomcat in .32, but for the weight and thickness, I would have rather carried my PPK, especially since the PPK is way more accurate and didn't chew up my hand like the beretta.
Thanks,
msw

·
Registered
33 Posts
My only Beretta so far is my Tomcat.
It is VERY accurate for a pocket gun, I was VERY suprised the first time I shot it.
I have had no problem with Beretta Bite

My P-32 had problems with the slide, barrel, frame relationship.
It kept locking up mid cycle and cracking the slide with the barrel hood.
Kel-Tec told me it was a heat-treat / timing problem.

For some reason they would "test it" after they fixed it and when I shot it, it would do it again.

I also shot no weird ammo, only walmart Winchester white box and UMC fmj's.

Oh well I guess it was bad kharma

But I love my TPH and can not wait to get it back from the tweaker

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does the accuracy of your tph compare to the beretta? (Not that individual models don't vary anyway)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have not got to shoot the TPH much yet.

As you know some of them need a bit of tweaking (mostly springs from sitting around for 15 odd years) and mine is at the tweaker now should have it back in a couple of weeks.
But from what I have shot it it was also very accurate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a German TPH in .25ACP and one in .22 cal--if I do my part, I can reliably hit a clay pigeon at about 10 yds without difficulty. I wish other pocket pistol manufacturers would follow Walthers' lead. If your gun is a .22, .25, or .32 accurate shot placement is an absolute, not a "well hopefully..." Given the rarity of the TPH in .25ACP, I don't like to shoot it or carry it out of concern for screwing up a 99.9% gun. Both guns came from the factory with test targets that have about a 1.0-1.5" group at 15 meters. Not alot of full-size pistols will do that! I would love to find a "shooter" TPH in .25 ACP, if anyone has one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
HI Stainless--Wow, I totally understand why you're down on Kel-Tec's--I've never seen or heard of that! But I'd bail on any gun that did that. Like I said, I've several and other than a few misfeed-type malfunctions--they've been fantastic and are my pocket pistol of choice. As I said in my prior post, I'd love to have a German TPH in .25ACP as a shooter. Given the accuracy, I'd probably carry that instead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not going to get in the middle of this thing with Stainless and Kel Tec, but their are two sides to every coin. Before someone's mind is changed about Kel Tec, perhaps it would be good to do a search on KTOG.org to see what transpired between them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hitman -

No middle to get into.
He asked and I told him.
The P-32 just did not work out.

MSW -

I would like to get a 25 also.
Some one told me that Interarms only made 600 of the 25's
not sure if that was Stainless ones or Stainless and Blue.
Any ideas
??

Does it shoot like the 22 or is there a difference
?

With ammo like Magsafe the 25 generates the power of a 32 with Corbons
and will feed them reliabily unlike the 32 semi rimmed JHP's some folks have trouble with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Stainless,
The .22 & .25 seem to shoot & cycle the same. I've only seen stainless American TPH's in .25ACP. They periodically show up on GunBroker & AuctionArms and go for around $500. The only thing I don't care for on my German .22 is that single action trigger pull is incredibly light and I get misfires about 10% of the time on single action. The round goes off on double action, so there is back-up. I don't have this problem with the .25, probably due to primers vs. rimfire ignition. I bought the German TPH in .25 for collecting, so I haven't shot anything other than ball and the Winchester expanding point .25--these shoot point of aim, which is why I like 'em. One of the Walther books I read indicated that there aren't alot of American .25's. BTW, the mags aren't too scarce, just pricey. I see them on a regular enough basis--let me know if you need info.
msw

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is funny, I had more problems on DA then SA
I still had light hits on SA but less then DA.
It is off getting fixed now so hope to get it back the end of next week or the next.
Will let you know how it works.

I like the .25 because you can get ammo as good as the hot 32's though I have never shot a 25.

I mostly think it would be cool to have a matching set

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree--alot of the "gun gurus" say that ignition is more reliable with a .25ACP, but get one in .22 cal to use for training, since the ammo's way cheaper and carry the .25ACP. Then again, "friends don't let friends carry mouse guns..." according to some gun gurus, then, they rave about the Seecamp and Winchester Silvertips--go figgur!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts