Walther Forums banner

Does your PPS serve as your primary CCW?

• Yes -- it's basically my year-round EDC

Votes: 97 63.8%
  • Sort of -- it's my warm weather/dress clothes EDC

Votes: 33 21.7%
  • No -- it plays backup to something else but is rarely carried

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • No -- I bought it because it was cheap and I wanted to post in this forum :)

Votes: 2 1.3%
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you primarily/exclusively carry the PPS (meaning, significantly more than you carry any other model)?

If not, does it play backup to a larger or higher capacity weapon?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In my own case my preferred CCW is a CZ P-07 -- LOVE CZ!!! -- train with it, equipped it with an RMR, etc.

Not that hard to conceal -- really doesn't print, although I carry AWIB and it makes a lump that kinda makes me look fat :)

Non-AIWB positions are hard with something that size.

I carry my PPS when I want to wear a polo, T-shirt, or something that just doesn't conceal a larger model that well. After carrying the PPS more this summer, the other one feels like a brick when I carry it. Hence why I'm looking at the RMSc model as a possible EDC for all seasons.

PPS is very shootable and controllable! I don't feel like I'm giving up much to a larger gun besides capacity -- although I do certainly shoot a P-07, PPQ, G19 size gun better by a small margin.

·
Registered
365 Posts
PPS is very shootable and controllable! I don't feel like I'm giving up much to a larger gun besides capacity -- although I do certainly shoot a P-07, PPQ, G19 size gun better by a small margin.

That is exactly my experience with my PPS M2 as well. It really shoots great for a pistol of its size. Sure, I do shoot a PPQ much better. But, I am plenty accurate with a PPS M2 for self-defense and really like it for that role.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That is exactly my experience with my PPS M2 as well. It really shoots great for a pistol of its size. Sure, I do shoot a PPQ much better. But, I am plenty accurate with a PPS M2 for self-defense and really like it for that role.

My experience exactly. I carried my PPQ M1 (40) until I got the PPS M2. It has been my only carry ever since. I don't believe I'm giving up anything , other than mag cap.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

My experience exactly. I carried my PPQ M1 (40) until I got the PPS M2. It has been my only carry ever since. I don't believe I'm giving up anything , other than mag cap.
With my holster configuration I can conceal the 8 round extended magazine easily, and will probably get the Magguts +1 for that too. I've been using their extender on the 6 round magazine. So 9+1 isn't a bad capacity!

Stupid Sig went and shot the curve for subcompact capacity though 🙂

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I CCW my Walther PPS majority of the time - great shooter , easy to conceal, and comfortable to conceal. The other two pistols I CCW are my Gen 2 Glock 19 and HK P30SK LEM usually with 13 round magazine.

I love the P30 LEM trigger! I almost got the same model but it was a little bit chunky 🙂

I'm going to wait a good while longer until the p365 is no longer a brand new thing, but one thing they have certainly done is to make any other 12 round compact gun look bloated.

On the other hand the double Stacks are still much easier for me to hold and to control. The H&K grip is beautiful.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It is my primary carry for summer and other light clothes situations, like the gym. It is also my primary for pocket carry.

In winter, I carry the PPQ Q4 TAC with a Streamlight TLR-1 HL and a Trijicon RMR.

Since I carry that In an appendix holster, I want to have a hammered pistol, so as soon as the holster arrives, it’s being replaced with an HK P2000 with a Streamlight TLR-7

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is my primary carry for summer and other light clothes situations, like the gym. It is also my primary for pocket carry.

In winter, I carry the PPQ Q4 TAC with a Streamlight TLR-1 HL and a Trijicon RMR.

Since I carry that In an appendix holster, I want to have a hammered pistol, so as soon as the holster arrives, it’s being replaced with an HK P2000 with a Streamlight TLR-7
You must have impressive pockets to hold a PPS M2 🙂

I get the hammer in AIWB concern. It's how I ended up getting a P-07 with RMR.

·
Registered
125 Posts

I'm a large, fat human, so my pockets are larger too. I can carry the PPS M2 with the Crimson Trace Laserguard in a sticky holster in my front pocket of my jeans. I used the Desantis Superfly and LOVED it, but when I added the Laserguard, their version made for lasers didn't fit.

I almost bought the P-07 myself. I had it in the shopping cart. I have an SP-01 and love CZ handguns and their triggers. I stopped myself when I thought a bit more about it. I use the Tier1 Axis Slim holster, and being very fat, the butt of the gun digs into my rolls. It's great for concealment, but I think the beavertail on the CZ guns would have caused a problem with comfort (read pain).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I'm a large, fat human, so my pockets are larger too. I can carry the PPS M2 with the Crimson Trace Laserguard in a sticky holster in my front pocket of my jeans. I used the Desantis Superfly and LOVED it, but when I added the Laserguard, their version made for lasers didn't fit.

I almost bought the P-07 myself. I had it in the shopping cart. I have an SP-01 and love CZ handguns and their triggers. I stopped myself when I thought a bit more about it. I use the Tier1 Axis Slim holster, and being very fat, the butt of the gun digs into my rolls. It's great for concealment, but I think the beavertail on the CZ guns would have caused a problem with comfort (read pain).
Yeah the pronounced beaver tail can really jab the gut. I've had a few unfortunate pokes.

I also have the Laser Guard on mine. I find the IWB "Klipt" holster to be quite good. Designed specifically for the gun with the crimson Trace laser.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My PPS M2 with the 8 round mag has been my primary carry for the past two years. I bought a PPS M1 in 40sw a few months back which I plan on carrying soon as I find a holster I like that works with my PPS M1 w/ TLR-7.

Planned on carrying my CZ P-01 during the colder months but the PPS just disappears so effortlessly. I can shoot my PPS pretty damn good also, which makes me even more comfortable to carry it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
PPS M2 definitely retired my Shield now. Comfortable gun with no sharp edges. Easily concealable. I can’t appendix carry anything for some reason. I feel like I’m getting jabbed. After changing out the RSA with a Lakeline, anything shot that isn’t a +P, the slide just doesnt smack the frame. I feel like I can shoot it all day.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.