Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked today at Walther's site and it was updated. The PPS classic is no longer listed on it at all. At one time I know Walther said they were just going to do it in limited production. Am I correct that its gone for good? Just thinking maybe I need to grab a few extra mags for my .40 before they dry up.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
It is like the Creed, no longer in Walther's catalog. Walther spoke of limited production but I think that means they will run some parts for future repairs and not new guns. If you think about it Walther is not going to compete with its own PPS M2. I would definitely find and but the magazines before they are gone. I DO NOT think Walther will be continuing production on Classic magazines. I suspect that future PPS Classic production wil be limited to gun parts not accessories. Always prepare for the worst case scenario.

Reactions: Eric357

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Yes it was...is.

Glad I have my two of 'em.

The subsequent model...you know..they made it for folks who have only ever heard of the PPQ.

Sad, really. Just like good movies...the sequel usually is only half as good.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I never could get a handle on the squared grip. The web and palm of my hand did not find it "fun" to shoot. The paddle release was a non-issue, though.

The M2 is a different lady.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have three EDC’s that I rotate between depending on length of day, location traveling and clothing I’ll be wearing. My PPS M1 gets the nod on the LONG, late days when I’m feeling relatively “safe”.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have my PPS classic with Talon grip tape on it. In my opinion that makes it as comfortable to shoot as larger guns like the PPQ. Having a carry gun as comfortable to shoot as a range gun is another reason I am sad to see it go. As long as it functions it will be my EDC.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have a 2015 PPS M1. It works great.
I plan on keeping it so I bought some extra magazines on sale in 2016. Never had a problem with the backstrap but bought an extra small and large backstraps from Walther.
I use the OEM RSA so got one of those too.

But these are really just parts on hand.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Of course the thing I don't miss about my PPS M1 was the stupid backstrap lock and how the gun would not fire with a loose backstrap and of course, the backstraps liked to pop in and out. ALways made me shy about it as a carry gun until the Talon Grip sealed that thing on tight

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a M1 in .40 will get the M2 eventually, I recently got an Sig 365 but don't feel to comfortable with it's light and no safety tab trigger.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts