Walther Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, but next October, you’ll kick yourself in the ass for letting it go for a mere grand. No sell, only buy.
Totally agree. That’s why I pulled the guns I had for sale off the market. This ain’t a good time to sell any gun (unless you are selling them to ME).

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I think the new Walthers will hurt the Ranger/Interarm Walthers creep up.
I would agree with you if the Ft.Smith pistols didn't continue to use the S&W extended beavertail. They don't bother me that much but some people hate them. What does bother me is how Walther went back to using a rear sight integral with the slide. At least with the Interarms ones you can drift it a little bit for windage. Easier to see too.

Only time will tell. I'm just hoping for a new PPK .32 that I can send off to Trijicon for a set of night sights. That'll take care of that pesky fixed rear sight nicely.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would agree with you if the Ft.Smith pistols didn't continue to use the S&W extended beavertail. They don't bother me that much but some people hate them. What does bother me is how Walther went back to using a rear sight integral with the slide. At least with the Interarms ones you can drift it a little bit for windage. Easier to see too.

Only time will tell. I'm just hoping for a new PPK .32 that I can send off to Trijicon for a set of night sights. That'll take care of that pesky fixed rear sight nicely.
Yup but I’d bet that most people don’t even know about the rear sight. They just know about the changes that S&W started: feed ramp and beaver tail.

I kinda like the little sights on the PPK, lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm one of those who believes they took the soul of the PPK away, when they put the big beavertail and flat panel grips on it.

When the Right becomes as intolerant as the left, the revolution will begin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Better = during lifespan of ownership, from new out of box until now, has never needed any trips back to Walther (or a specialized gunsmith) in order to make whole, serviceable, and/or reliable with regard to original design function and/or manufacturer specification

If I apply that definition to my collection of PP firearms, then the German ones are better.
My Manurhin PP in .22 is pretty darn high quality.

·
Super Moderator
7,267 Posts
Good comments about why we buy firearms.
I love PP series and 1911s, but don't see me carrying either in a serious way; they are fun to own and shoot.
Also concur with Redcat, that the 'redesigned' Smith/Ft. Smith tang will keep the older guns closer to purists' hearts. Deeply doubtful that there will be more .32 production, tho'.
Sympathy to CAS; hiding a gun on a gal is more difficult. Have you looked at a G42? Flat and light, pleasant to shoot. It's a 21st century PPK.
Wish my Magic 8 Ball could give me some insight to the future of the country; the pandemic, and our rights to keep and bear.
That last wasn't meant to open a political discussion...
Moon

61 - 68 of 68 Posts