Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just a question, I'm very interested in picking up a P22 but would like versatility in whether I am carrying it or just shooting at the range. I can't seem to find much info in regards to whether I can buy the 3.4 inch barrel model and then purchase the parts to make it into the 5 inch barrel model if I am shooting at the range.

Also, if this is possible I know that the 3.4 inch barrel is internally threaded for a suppressor if I wanted to mess around with that, is the 5 inch barrel also internally threaded? And if so would the compensator affect putting a suppressor on it?

Cheers!!

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Welcome Vindication.....yepper, that is a feature of the P22. In fact several years ago you could buy a two barrel pistol set. Haven't seen that in a while but the parts are available from Ft. Smith, Arkansas. For the 5" version you will need the 5" barrel, 5" barrel sleeve and the stabilizer. You will have to remove the stabilizer to field strip so it is a bit more of pain....but it is a bit more accurate. I fired both from a rest, same pistol. 5/8" group 5" and 2 1/2" to 3" with the 3.4" barrel. The short version looks much nicer in my opinion. M1911

Two barrel set. Original style pistol. Note btw that the magazine pictures is one of the short slot versions that did not function well. If anyone is having mag issues Walther will replace these.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts