Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the date codes, (like AE or AD) part of the serial number? I want to make sure i am getting the correct year P99 (2004 or 2005). The firearm distributor that my gun store uses is only a computer automated system and only lists make, caliber, and hopefully serial number (i don't remember if it had the serial number, but probably).

·
Registered
821 Posts
No, date codes, to my knowledge, aren't part of the serial number. You'll have to get your guy to call his distributor and talk to a human to find out the date code.

However, I believe for the 2004 models, they started putting a single letter in front of the serial number. So my 2003 is just six numbers, but the 2004 has a letter before those numbers, or something.... Didn't they change the part numbers for the new (2004 and up) model year anyways? Go to www.waltheramerica.com, and do some clicking...

Hope that helps.

-stunks

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well I wanted a 2005 so I called my dealer and they said they'd call in the serial number to walther (presumably S&W) and verify its a 2005. Its a 2004, with shell casing and target dated 2004 but S&W maintains its a 2005. If someone won't look on the rail its a gamble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts