Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. Who loves holster threads?!

I've been spinning my wheels on buying a new holster for months. I need OWB training/tactical carry for my PPQ M2 with a TLR-7 weapon light. Obviously there are hundreds of custom kydex companies and choosing one is not the issue. The issue is that I need Level II retention, but not Blackhawk Serpa (which have been banned or dropped from the insurance of several local events.)

So, Safariland ALS, right? Nope. In terms of their documentation, their 6370 or 6390 ALS series does not fit the Streamlight TLR-7 mounted on a PPQ. I've read in forums that claim that other Safariland holsters fit that combo, ie. the 6354 - but I want a little more evidence before buying.

If you have any experience with Safariland holsters vis a vis the PPQ with a TLR-7 - please let me know! Otherwise, I have a TLR-7 for sale and I'll need to just buy a damn Surefire. Thank you!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey y'all. Who loves holster threads?!

I've been spinning my wheels on buying a new holster for months. I need OWB training/tactical carry for my PPQ M2 with a TLR-7 weapon light. Obviously there are hundreds of custom kydex companies and choosing one is not the issue. The issue is that I need Level II retention, but not Blackhawk Serpa (which have been banned or dropped from the insurance of several local events.)

So, Safariland ALS, right? Nope. In terms of their documentation, their 6370 or 6390 ALS series does not fit the Streamlight TLR-7 mounted on a PPQ. I've read in forums that claim that other Safariland holsters fit that combo, ie. the 6354 - but I want a little more evidence before buying.

If you have any experience with Safariland holsters vis a vis the PPQ with a TLR-7 - please let me know! Otherwise, I have a TLR-7 for sale and I'll need to just buy a damn Surefire. Thank you!!
I at a training academy, I had an opportunity to speak to a Safariland rep. I posed the question of LE retention holsters for PPQ 45's, and was told that it takes some $30,000 to tool up their mill to make holsters, then they have to do variations, with this light and that, left hand, etc. He said it won't be likely that they will be making one. The Safariland Holster Mafia controls what LE and Tactical Security carry, by refusing to make the LE retention holsters for other than those they choose. Obviously, they have an arrangement with Glock, purveyors of pistols with crappy sights and triggers.
Sometimes, for the right price, they will custom make a holster for you. I found a company, I think the name was Red River Tactical, who made me a level 2 holster for around $160.
I had a devil of a time with the Safariland Holster Mafia, trying to get a level 3 retention holster for my H&K VP9, in left hand with a Surfire x300U Tac light; but they don't make an RDS (Red Dot Sight) holster for that gun, that I can find, at all. I'm over 55, and the advantage of a red dot sight appeals to me, but the Don at the Safariland Mafia doesn't agree.
Personally, I hate Safariland for buying up good holster companies, then no longer producing the holsters that were made there. Many of Safariland's designs came from the Rogers Holster Company, in Jacksonville, FL. They made a polymer, leather lined, level 2 retention holster when most cops were still carrying revolvers. Safariland bought them, and discontinued the good work Rogers did. Later, Safariland began to make polymer shell, leather lined holsters, but I don't think I'll ever find a faster, smoother draw from a retention holster, than from my old Rogers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi
My name is Chris, i run ghostmendesigns,
I rework the Safariland 6354DO to work with ALL PPQ variants including SF And poly 4” and 5” w rmr and holosuns , tlr1-HL and Surefire X300. I have been doing this for a little while now and have a bunch out in the wild. I have been using mine for over a year with zero issues. I have a few out to HRT, SWAT, LEO, I have 1 unit out now to a member of the Walther arms defense shooting division. I have pictures, videos etc, i do not touch or modify the ALS system or lock up block of the holster. Retention is 100% as it came from safariland. Colors are Black, coyote tan, ranger green, multicam. I also make these for H&K vp9 and Canik tp series, as well as the CZ p10c, left and right handed available.
My contact is 610-570-3224
Email [email protected]
DM on IG @ ghostmendesigns

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
My name is Chris, i run ghostmendesigns,
I rework the Safariland 6354DO to work with ALL PPQ variants including SF And poly 4” and 5” w rmr and holosuns , tlr1-HL and Surefire X300. I have been doing this for a little while now and have a bunch out in the wild. I have been using mine for over a year with zero issues. I have a few out to HRT, SWAT, LEO, I have 1 unit out now to a member of the Walther arms defense shooting division. I have pictures, videos etc, i do not touch or modify the ALS system or lock up block of the holster. Retention is 100% as it came from safariland. Colors are Black, coyote tan, ranger green, multicam. I also make these for H&K vp9 and Canik tp series, as well as the CZ p10c, left and right handed available.
My contact is 610-570-3224
Email [email protected]
DM on IG @ ghostmendesigns
I’m glad to know that you’re out there. If the situation dictates, I’ll call you in the future. Presently I’m not in need at this time, but I forwarded your info to an associate that loves his Canick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts