Walther Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

Registered
What I want to post will only get my hand slapped for violating the dumb but apparently sacred No Politics on this forum. Ill just say to Robert O鈥橰oark, what firearms? They all got stolen.

Registered
You do what you think is right old_duckman.

Perhaps if you want to maximize your profit, you have a point.

For me though, this about principle and not profit.
I'm not old_duckman so please Xskuzze me for interjecting but I would ascertain that its actually time to get my AR since I don't have one. American isn't going to stand for forced buy back. As many have already indicated in later posts in this thread criminals aren't the law abiding gun rights folks they buy stuff on the street and laws like this don't actually affect criminals. I haven't trolled the whole thread but assuredly there's plenty of over my cold dead body types of quotes and I totally agree. When the author of this madness insists that shotguns should be preferred over 17 round 45 ACP semi auto hand guns, I can't take the possibility of "coming to get my guns" as even a remove reality. Maybe I'm na茂ve.

Registered
A gave this post a single like because a double like is not possible.
There are plenty of states that do not associate a specific weapon to an individual upon legal purchase. Just saying
every state does require the registration of a firearm to you. Now granted that application you fill out to clear you for purchase MIGHT behind the scenes still do that in some national registry. But on the surface they claim its not the case

Registered
You are correct. They are following the California gun grab scheme. They will fail, citizens will not comply. Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Registered
Now that this extremely interesting and well-balanced expression of opinions has gone to more than 100 contributions, I would like to congratulate the authors of posts #97, 98 and 99 for actually having mentioned the name 鈥淲alther鈥. This came as a great surprise to me, even though the title of the sub-forum is 鈥淲alther General Discussions鈥, because they were the first mentions of the name since post #64, although another member did admittedly mention it in post #40. The mention in post #16 doesn鈥檛 count, as that was a reference to 鈥淲alther Forum Software鈥.

I think the Administration could facilitate this expression of views by removing the name Walther from the sub-forum title, so that we would be left with 鈥淕eneral Discussions鈥, but then, while they鈥檙e at it, they could remove the word 鈥淒iscussions鈥 as well, as a discussion would normally be understood to be an exchange of opinions, pro and contra, and I ask myself who, on a gun forum, would be prepared to represent the contra side of the discussion.

He might as well go out the back door and piss against the wind.

Balor

Registered
Keep in mind that recent SCOTUS rulings make a ban on semi-automatic rifles difficult.
In Heller the ruled that arms in common lawful use were protected.

(The problem was they didn't give a number of what common lawful use is)

They also stated that it may be legal to ban dangerous and unusual weapons which maybe you can claim a semi automatic rifle is dangerous (all firearms can be dangerous) but they are certainly not unusual.

However, in Caetano v Massachusetts they ruled that the common use threshold was 200,000 of that item.
There are over 20-30 million semi automatic rifles in America.

According to the FBI鈥檚 UCR data in 2019 all rifle deaths totaled 364, so it stands to reason it can't be proven to be more dangerous than other firearms and again, they are not unusual.

The last few years SCOTUS has refused to hear gun cases and it's Chief Justice Roberts that has been the unknown as to how he would rule, but with Amy Coney Barrett the scales are tipped for liberty and any ban would be challenged with a good chance to be deemed unconstitutional.

So, in addition to the courts and my personal beliefs, I'm not giving up $*it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Be careful what you say you might get deleted due to discussing politics.

Super Moderator
Now that this extremely interesting and well-balanced expression of opinions has gone to more than 100 contributions, I would like to congratulate the authors of posts #97, 98 and 99 for actually having mentioned the name 鈥淲alther鈥. This came as a great surprise to me, even though the title of the sub-forum is 鈥淲alther General Discussions鈥, because they were the first mentions of the name since post #64, although another member did admittedly mention it in post #40. The mention in post #16 doesn鈥檛 count, as that was a reference to 鈥淲alther Forum Software鈥.

I think the Administration could facilitate this expression of views by removing the name Walther from the sub-forum title, so that we would be left with 鈥淕eneral Discussions鈥, but then, while they鈥檙e at it, they could remove the word 鈥淒iscussions鈥 as well, as a discussion would normally be understood to be an exchange of opinions, pro and contra, and I ask myself who, on a gun forum, would be prepared to represent the contra side of the discussion.

He might as well go out the back door and piss against the wind.

Balor
Balor,
You will find that your post numbers are now off by quite a lot -- due to me being required to perform the part of my moderation duties that I dislike the most. I cannot stand having to squash the free expression of opinions, but that said, all here know the rules and, so they have been enforced -- uniformly -- within this thread -- after receipt of not one, but three reports, today.

I could have closed the entire thread. Instead, I elected to leave it open and purge the content I noted that violated the rules. (If I missed anything in this thread, someone feel free to report it and I will go back and address it; I am human, after all, and, therefore, imperfect.) I also could have done it silently, leaving those here wondering where posts had gone and who had done it, but as I would want to know what happened and which mod did it, I feel it is important to attach my name to what I do and take ownership/responsibility for it, as that is the morally upright thing to do -- so the deletions I conducted today were accompanied by notification to the end-users that it was being done. (Mods have the option not to do so; I hold myself to a higher, standard than that, though.)

Be careful what you say you might get deleted due to discussing politics.
Yes, please DO adhere to the forum rules. This thread got out of hand -- which is why several people reported it. If it goes off the rails, again, I will be forced to close it. Sorry for the stiff warning and heavy hand, this is not my style. I didn't ask to be a moderator; it was asked of me after being a user of this forum for 10 years. Others were fair and reasonable, with the occasional heavy hand where needed to provide a stable place for me to enjoy -- and I carry on that tradition of service, today.

Super Moderator
Citing the Supreme Court Ruling will get me deleted?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
When the post also contains a quotation that, itself, contains political talk -- yes -- that will get the post deleted. I'm not going to pick through every little noun, adjective, and adverb used ... or how it's positioned or by whom in a post. While this site may be monetized, my efforts are strictly volunteer. If you want to cite SCOTUS rulings, go for it, just avoid references to political parties or including quotations with references to political parties in your posts when you do so.

Similarly, if your response was a reply (with quotation, even partial) to a post that was political in nature/content) ... and that original post was deleted due to its content, then your reply was effectively orphaned/incongruent (without that to which it was in context), so it was properly purged to avoid such orphanage/incongruence wherever I noted it.

The safe course is, as always, to leave partisan politics off these forums ... and out of your posts -- even in quotes when replying. Key to this is THAT approach adheres to the forum guidelines. Replying to a political post constitutes political discussion just as much as mention of the parties, themselves, after all.

Now if it's about guns, gun law, that sort of thing -- this is a forum for it (but put it in the correct subforum, please) ... just keep partisanship out of it, por favor.

In order to avoid further derailing this topic, if you would like to discuss this further, feel free to message me privately.

Read Only
So my post was deleted, but there are other, even more political posts at the front of this thread...

Not a dig on you, surreal, but...there it is.

I'm over it, already. When there are a bunch of threads of people complaining about too light triggers and a gap between the slide and frame, and now the nitpickery of posts....maybe it's time to follow some of the others and kick rocks.

Registered
Balor,
You will find that your post numbers are now off by quite a lot -- due to me being required to perform the part of my moderation duties that I dislike the most. I cannot stand having to squash the free expression of opinions, but that said, all here know the rules and, so they have been enforced -- uniformly -- within this thread -- after receipt of not one, but three reports, today.

I could have closed the entire thread. Instead, I elected to leave it open and purge the content I noted that violated the rules. (If I missed anything in this thread, someone feel free to report it and I will go back and address it; I am human, after all, and, therefore, imperfect.) I also could have done it silently, leaving those here wondering where posts had gone and who had done it, but as I would want to know what happened and which mod did it, I feel it is important to attach my name to what I do and take ownership/responsibility for it, as that is the morally upright thing to do -- so the deletions I conducted today were accompanied by notification to the end-users that it was being done. (Mods have the option not to do so; I hold myself to a higher, standard than that, though.)

Yes, please DO adhere to the forum rules. This thread got out of hand -- which is why several people reported it. If it goes off the rails, again, I will be forced to close it. Sorry for the stiff warning and heavy hand, this is not my style. I didn't ask to be a moderator; it was asked of me after being a user of this forum for 10 years. Others were fair and reasonable, with the occasional heavy hand where needed to provide a stable place for me to enjoy -- and I carry on that tradition of service, today.
I know you tried to do what needed to be done but some of what was deleted was far from political. We should all be pro Second Amendment, and that was most of the political stance was. By deleting those posts you give impression on being anti SA.

Registered
So my post was deleted, but there are other, even more political posts at the front of this thread...

Not a dig on you, surreal, but...there it is.

I'm over it, already. When there are a bunch of threads of people complaining about too light triggers and a gap between the slide and frame, and now the nitpickery of posts....maybe it's time to follow some of the others and kick rocks.
I had numerous posts deleted as well.

Before the election some of what was written may have been about "politics" but now I feel it's more about "Gun Rights".

This entire thread has had the same overall tone from the start.

The scrubbing of this thread was a bit heavy-handed in my opinion.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.