Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one but haven't picked it up yet. I forgot to try the decocker and was wondering the chances of pressing the decocker by accident. Does it require much force?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I don't have to QA..... but since the decocker on the QA is about 1/3 of the size of the AS decocker.... I doubt that you ever decock the gun on accident....
It's not so much the force but also how deepth you have to push the button, in order to decock the P99

·
Registered
31 Posts
The decocking botton the the AS model can be easily pushed by your right thumb when holding the pistol in your right hand.

The smaller button on the QA model is designed for disengaging the trigger/striker for disassembly.  The owners manual suggests using a pen to push down on the button.  Holding the pistol in your right hand, it it nearly impossible to push it with your right thumb.  But you can with your left thumb.

Even though the QA button is smaller than the AS button, it still requires more effort to push.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[b said:
Quote[/b] (1989ZR-1 @ Aug. 24 2006,12:39)]The decocking botton the the AS model can be easily pushed by your right thumb when holding the pistol in your right hand.

The smaller button on the QA model is designed for disengaging the trigger/striker for disassembly. The owners manual suggests using a pen to push down on the button. Holding the pistol in your right hand, it it nearly impossible to push it with your right thumb. But you can with your left thumb.

Even though the QA button is smaller than the AS button, it still requires more effort to push.
I was thinking the gun might decock if you wacked the gun by accident. Not that I'm really worried but if a cop were wrestling with a perp over the gun, would it decock if the gun was wacked in some way.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I would say no....
you have to push the decocker in, in order for it to decock.... just a wack on the frame or slide won't decock it....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts