Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I am not sure what you mean. I haven't experienced that with mine. But I don't go around just pulling other triggers either.

·
Premium Member
13,891 Posts
I have no idea if current Q's are free of gritty trigger pull. In all honesty, most Q's didn't have a gritty trigger.

First thing to do if your trigger begins to feel gritty is to clean the pistol and apply lubricant to all the appropriate locations as depicted in the owners manual.

I only pull my own trigger....NEVER let anybody else touch it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
All mine have been just fine

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I've owned and shot 99-series pistols for around 15 years now. I've also spoken to 99-series armorers on occasion, as a 99-series pistol was the issued police pistol in the city where I live.

I've yet to encounter a P99 or PPQ pistol with a gritty trigger that wasn't immediately "fixed" by applying lube to the correct locations. Not once.​

I've never encountered a P99 or PPQ pistol with any decent round count that had a gritty trigger pull. Not once.

While there are reports of gritty triggers, and have been since the PPQ was released, I doubt it is in any way widespread. Most people who buy pistols probably never put over 1k rounds through them. Many people don't lube or clean them before taking them out to shoot for the first time. Many people who do report of gritty triggers here on this forum, also report that the issue is fixed as soon as they apply lube to the correct location.

The PPQ has a reputation for having one of, if not the best trigger pull of any polymer framed striker fired defensive pistol.

Are current Qs free of the gritty trigger pull?
How could anyone tell? I haven't seen that many reports of this lately on this forum. I'll say that, personally, I wouldn't have an issue purchasing a PPQ pistol with a gritty trigger. As a matter of fact, I did just that a few months after the PPQ was released in 2011. After lube and a few thousand rounds, the grit is completely gone.

·
Registered
295 Posts
While there are reports of gritty triggers, and have been since the PPQ was released, I doubt it is in any way widespread. Most people who buy pistols probably never put over 1k rounds through them. Many people don't lube or clean them before taking them out to shoot for the first time. Many people who do report of gritty triggers here on this forum, also report that the issue is fixed as soon as they apply lube to the correct location.
So true.

I see many gun reviews where they pull it right out of the box and head straight to the range, or field strip it just for curiosity, then reassemble it without lubing at least the most obvious wear points.

Then at the range it has malfunctions.

From my experience, most guns come from the factory with a less than adequate amount of lube - and many with no lube at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts