Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently spotted a brand new rollmarked 'AB' 9mm P99 in my local shop. I currently have an AB rollmarked P99 and 2 laseretched AC P99 (all 9mm) as 'spares'. Have anyone spotted any 'AC' P99's with rollmarking?

I am very tempted to get this so I can continue to shoot my current rollmarked AB and still have a pristine rollmarked one. (I really don't like laseretching). Of course this would bring my grand total of P99's to 4...all in 9mm.

How do the rest you of do it??? shoot all of them or hold some as spares?
I'm so obsessive about these things I'm considering greasing up my current rollmarked 'AB' and storing it (for what I have no idea) and breaking in one of my laseretched ones.

Am I the only one here who's so picky about such things???

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wow...that's a lot of P99s...especially considering they're all in the same caliber.

Why do you want to have a pristine roll-marked P99? Even if it was kept in a box like-new for many years (say after the P99s successor comes out), you probably would not get what money you put into it back if you decided to sell it as a collector's item.

If I were you, I'd shoot the laser-etched ones that you favor less, and set the roll-marked one aside. Use that $5/600 for something else or save it!
MHO.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Canada and we live in constant threat of one day having certain types of weapons becoming prohibited (at which point we're likely to get grandfathered but import of said weapon ceases).  So I'm stocking up my favorite guns just in case.  I figure with lots of shooting each p99 should last 10-15 years.  I'm in my 30's now, so 3-4 should last my lifetime

9mm is cheaper to shoot, more accurate and I just don't trust the .40 due to it's high pressure and tendency to go kaboom if the bullet gets pushed in the case a bit too much.

I just like the look of the Rollmarked ones and having one in pristine condition just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.  I'd never sell it!!!

If any one knows of round count durability of the P99 please chime in.  I'm going to order a bunch of spare slide stop springs just in case!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts