Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Wow. Thanks for posting this. It is terrible and turns my stomach.

As a Vet I walk around more afraid than I would like to admit for fear of someone pulling one of the various cards on me that are used against veterans (PTSD, crazy, suicidal, danger to society, etc., etc.) and something happening to me, especially in front of my family.

·
Registered
713 Posts
That makes me sick.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
So much for "measured" reaction. That's just plain ignorant.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
This sort of nonsense has been going on in D.C. for years. It's one of the the reasons why the Heller case eventually made it to the Supreme Court. And since the ruling came down, things haven't gotten any better. If you think California or New York or Illinois are bad, try D.C. sometime.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
This is how we treat our heros? What a disgrace. Especially in D.C. with all the monuments and such.
I blame the v.a. There should be some confidentiality when calling a help line. Ed.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Yeah, but didn't the PD seem a little unhinged? Like they had their own reality or something.
That heightened "reality" apparently came from some switchboard operator.

Can't comment further... but suspect a lack of training on many levels.

·
Registered
503 Posts
True, not arguing that point.

But where was Captain Common Sense to ease the tension of the PD once things started to unravel and show that the guy was not a danger.

But you are right, need all of the facts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Been making note of the never-ending transgressions by CIVILIAN police for many years. It's very sad, but I think we have, still, a lot of poor psychological screening and...

What seems to be a desperate desire by CIVILIAN police to be military, or equal to the military. Look at the vehicles and gear they use. Pick up a copy of Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement at the grocery store sometime and thumb it. It's full of nothing but military hardware of every variety.

Weird.

I'd put revolvers back in their holsters, pumps in the squads and maybe a 30-30 in their trunks...you know, CIVILIAN gear. And I'd never permit them to dress like terrorists or wear a mask.

Not trying to be mean, but they just aren't SEAL TEAMS and they're not being what we need them to be.

Flame on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Been making note of the never-ending transgressions by CIVILIAN police for many years. It's very sad, but I think we have, still, a lot of poor psychological screening and...

What seems to be a desperate desire by CIVILIAN police to be military, or equal to the military. Look at the vehicles and gear they use. Pick up a copy of Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement at the grocery store sometime and thumb it. It's full of nothing but military hardware of every variety.

Weird.

I'd put revolvers back in their holsters, pumps in the squads and maybe a 30-30 in their trunks...you know, CIVILIAN gear. And I'd never permit them to dress like terrorists or wear a mask.

Not trying to be mean, but they just aren't SEAL TEAMS and they're not being what we need them to be.

Flame on.
Won't get any flame from me on what you just said because I pretty much agree with it. Not every LEO needs to be a "SWAT" member and I personally think that not every LEO needs to be armed. Why do you need a gun to write a traffic ticket? Still, we have only ourselves to blame to passing on the responsibility of protection to someone else. If more folks would have CCW's and carry we'd not need near as many LEOs running around as we've got now. JMHO, YMMV.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
It's a bit broad. While AGF's description/definition might apply to some LEOs, and even to some departments as a whole, it certainly doesn't apply to all police officers and all police departments around the country. Many, in fact, are superbly trained to do what essentially is a thankless and underappreciated job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts