Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alien Gear Holsters is proud to announce the newest addition to our holster lineup, the Cloak Slide Outside the Waistband Hybrid Holster!

This holster is perfect for open or concealed carry use.

It features the same waterproof, sweat-proof, high quality leather that our Cloak Tuck IWB is known for, as well as fully swappable (for semi-autos) plastic outer shells that are interchangeable with our Cloak Tuck IWB Holster.

These holsters are high quality and feature the same Iron-Clad Triple Guarantee that all of our holsters come with.

- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Free Shell Trades for Life
- Forever Warranty

The Cloak Slide OWB Holster starts at just $29.88, just like the Cloak Tuck IWB Holster.

Buy One Here

And like all of our holsters, these are Proudly Made in America!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like this holster a lot. I got it for my Rock Island Armory 1911-A1 full size .45acp. I also got one for my Walther Colt 1911 Gov't Rail in .22lr. The only thing that I wish the holster had was that it could be adjusted for height when it's on the belt. The holster does not have any way to adjust it so that the gun sits lower on the leather backing. This is something that could be fixed easily by just adding one or two more screw lug nuts. I also have a IWB holster and it does have these screw lug nuts to make adjustments. And I would think that it would be easy to do the same with these OWB holsters as well. Just a suggestion to think about. I use my OWB holster most of the time when I do carry my gun. But it sits a little to high for my liking.

·
Official Site Vendor
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the review Reloader! I will definitely pass on your suggestion about the adjustments for the OWB holsters.

I like this holster a lot. I got it for my Rock Island Armory 1911-A1 full size .45acp. I also got one for my Walther Colt 1911 Gov't Rail in .22lr. The only thing that I wish the holster had was that it could be adjusted for height when it's on the belt. The holster does not have any way to adjust it so that the gun sits lower on the leather backing. This is something that could be fixed easily by just adding one or two more screw lug nuts. I also have a IWB holster and it does have these screw lug nuts to make adjustments. And I would think that it would be easy to do the same with these OWB holsters as well. Just a suggestion to think about. I use my OWB holster most of the time when I do carry my gun. But it sits a little to high for my liking.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The OWB holster prints a bit

When I first ordered my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 for my PPQ I also ordered the Alien Gear OWB holster like this one. This was about a year ago in Aug or Sep of 2014.

I was wearing just the OWB holster while shopping in the local Gander Mountain Store and a guy came up to me and asked me if I was carrying. I was sort of shocked. I had taken my Ruger LC9S Pro out of the holster before going into the store and was wearing a larger sized T shirt (black color) over the holster on my belt. I was wearing a pair of 511 tactical shorts at the time. The guy made me as soon as he saw me. I was surprised that he could see the holster under my 2XL sized Black T shirt.

(ADDED APRIL 8th 2016 ) I should have worn one of the 3XL sized Fishing shirts that button up the front instead as they conceal this holster gun combo much better now.) See below too.

Although I must admit that he was there shopping for ammo for his 45 pistol and was probably thinking about conceal carrying guns and was looking hard at other people to see if they were wearing a gun. Most other people won't be looking so hard at other people or thinking about people carrying a gun. So maybe it was just a fluke.

I actually like carrying my gun with this leather OWB Alien Gear Holster. The gun/holster stays up better than with my IWB holsters from Alien Gear. Now I wear a larger 3X button dress shirt over the T shirt and it helps hide the gun/holster a lot better. I'm not so concerned about people seeing my gun/holster when I'm out and about in different stores and carrying my pistol IWB or OWB. With the extra large button up dress shirt it helps cover the gun better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm adding this today Friday April 8th, 2016. This past winter I decided to change my wardrobe and it helps hide my Alien Gear Cloak OWB holster/gun much better. I have purchased some XXXL Fishing Shirts that are button up and I leave the shirt tail out or un-tucked. This bulky shirt helps to hide my gun/holster combo much better. I wear some of the 511 tactical pants with elastic waste sewn into the waist and this helps to carry my gun/holster better. I have a leather 511 belt that's 1.5" wide and it's heavy duty and helps to keep the pants up when cinched tight. I should have thought of this a long time ago. Expecting a XL short tailed "T" to not print with my gun under it was not a good idea. Even a XXX Size "T" shirt is not loose enough to not print with the gun/holster under it.

Heck some times I just unbutton the fishing shirt and make it easier to get to my gun in warmer weather. But if the wind blows the shirt back it uncovered my gun/holster. So I some times button just a few buttons on the shirt to prevent that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't know if this is the same holster I just returned, but you should be aware of a couple things. Holster was for an SD9VE.

The holster is the same height in back, as in front. The gun would almost always catch on the leather. After the first few times, the leather was deformed slightly inward, which exacerbated the problem.

It cost me $11 to return the holster. AG subtracted shipping on the return. This means it cost me $22 to try a $40 holster. So, you may want to consider this.

I received an email several days ago that indicated a return of funds to my cc. I still haven't seen the return. I have experience with this, and know that once a cc batch has been processed, it should take no longer than 2 days to show up on the cc balance. Don't know what's going on, but will initiate contact with AG if I don't see my return in a few days.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm a bit disappointed too because AG has not responded to my questions so far. Usually I think a company should respond within 48 hours. Even if it is a short "we will get back to you shortly" or something.
We'll see.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yea I like his suggestion too

Thanks for the review Reloader! I will definitely pass on your suggestion about the adjustments for the OWB holsters.
This is my go to holster for every day carry. I have the three different IWB Alien Gear Holsters but prefer the OWB type now.

I just ordered the new Alien Gear Cloak MOD paddle/slide holster this week and hope to get it soon. It will be nice as I think it's opening is bigger or better and I hope it helps in holstering the pistol.

I have a shell for the Walters PPQ M2 Pistol and the Ruger LC9S Pro. I carry the Ruger concealed under a un-tucked button down fishing shirt in the summer and warmer months. And under a jacket in the cooler/colder months.

I'm looking forward to the paddle holster as I can slip it on an off the Alien Gear Belt that I also ordered. If I have to go into the hospital or any store that doesn't allow firearms to be carried inside the store I can more easily take the gun/holster off the belt and hide it in the vehicle while I am in the store or hospital.

New Edited: I got the Alien Gear Cloak MOD OWB holster and a new Alien Gear Belt today for the holster. I am very pleased with the new MOD OWB holster. It's not the same as the first OWB Alien Gear Leather Holster that I got a year ago. I'm not sure what they are calling the Alien Gear New Cloak Slide OWB holster. I'm not sure if that it the MOD OWB holster or something else like I had bought a year ago for like $25 Extra. I got it with another IWB Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 holster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts