Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi. Picked up a Walther P99 AS this past weekend for $521 new. With it being presidents day, I plan on heading out to the shooting range here in a bit. Picked up a leather hostler for her too at the local gun show and fits/works phenomenal. I'm really happy with my experience thus far.

-Carlo

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome!

I'm hailing from Newport News myself. Weather is awesome today so it should be a great day for outdoor shooting. Let us know how it goes and congrats on the new P99! Its a great handgun and won't dissapoint you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello from another Virginian. I'm over on the Eastern Shore. I've owned my P99QA for about 4 years now, and I love it. I just installed Meprolight sights on it tonight, and now it's just about perfect. Well, except I still need the front sight tool before I go shooting again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So yeah, looks like I need to work on my shooting lol. Took her out tonight for the first time. Shot in groups of 5 through a 100rd box. Didn't really anticipate the snappy-ness of a .40S&W. I'm so use to my 9mm G19 and .45acp Kimber.

Nonetheless, @ 10yds with 5 shot groups only 2-3 were in the 10-ring and the other shots were one or two rings out.

I'll be going out to the range again tuesday night to put another 100rds through her and try to get at least 4 in the 10-ring this time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am living in VB as well, and just picking up a P99, also looking around for a IWB holster any good places around here to check.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Welcome to the Forum .......:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am living in VB as well, and just picking up a P99, also looking around for a IWB holster any good places around here to check.
I picked mine up at the Gun Show along with a OWB holster. If anyting, I could order online for your IWB.

-Carlo

P.S. My groups are way tighter now @ 10 yards. All 10 ring. I'll venture out 15 yards next time around. Other than that, I'm set. Anything further, I'll take the Bushmaster out lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Get a Vega IB339 IWB holster. Great for summer carry with the P99. Comfortable too. (Depending on how you dress of course.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I spent like 4 hours looking online last night. The problem is I don't dress a constant way. Sometimes it is jeans and a tshirt others I am dressed up for.

·
Registered
22 Posts
With it being presidents day, I plan on heading out to the shooting range here in a bit.

-Carlo
Carlo,
I used to live in Portsmouth / Chesapeake and we used to shoot over in Suffolk at the Isaak Walton League outdoor range near Churchland. Is that range still open? I have a feeling it isn't as the housing boom has crept out so far that it is probably all residential real estate now. Just wondering where the shooting ranges are in the Tidewater area now.

ciwsguy

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is ANP over off of Lynnhaven, Camp Allen in Norfolk (military), Superior Pawn VA Beach blvd (VB), Bob's in downtown Norfolk.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Carlo,
I used to live in Portsmouth / Chesapeake and we used to shoot over in Suffolk at the Isaak Walton League outdoor range near Churchland. Is that range still open? I have a feeling it isn't as the housing boom has crept out so far that it is probably all residential real estate now. Just wondering where the shooting ranges are in the Tidewater area now.

ciwsguy
There is A&P over off of Lynnhaven, Camp Allen in Norfolk (military), Superior Pawn VA Beach blvd (VB), Bob's in downtown Norfolk.
^ What he said :)

As far as outdoor, there is only C2 shooting out in Pungo part of VA Beach, but according to some people on ar15.com, they charge $12.50/hr for the 25/50/100 yard lanes and $17.50 for the 200yd lane.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts