Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was tired of rumors about the SAS using the P99c. I emailed Walther in Germany and this is the reply. Peter also did some further investigating as to +P loads in the P99. Read:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hello Ken,

Good to hear from you again.

SAS: Not that Walther has heard of this. Sorry about the bad news. We sold lately to the police in Ireland.

+P loads: I checked one more time with the engineers and with S&W. Both say you can use +P loads.

Kind regards
Peter
Well there you have it boys and girls. Load up, shoot straight and be safe.  

·
Registered
75 Posts
I dont know, that email bothers me. I have seen many emails from Walther saysing NO to +P. Im not gonna be the 1st to try it

·
Registered
27 Posts
I shoot Speer gold dot sb +p in my P99c. I use it for carry and practice with it some. I have had no problems with it. I've only put about 100 rounds through it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think that the performance gains of +p are not great enough to warrant extra wear-and-tear on the pistol, even if they say that it's alright...

-stunks

·
Registered
174 Posts
All modern military and police pistols are able to handle +p loads. Of course you'll have extra wear and tear, but it doesn't mean that you can't put several hundred +p rounds to ensure reliability with any given load and of course carry them for personal defence!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts