Walther Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Zelle is a digital financial transfer operation which is being by most big banks for bill pay and other money transfers.

Thanks.

Had a chance to look Zelle up. Their site recommends people NOT use this method of payment if there is any chance of NOT receiving merchandise. Zelle recommends CCard payments in those situations.

Scammers must love Zelle, all the credibility of "used by banks" with no possibility of recourse for those who fall victim to the scam.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Thanks.

Had a chance to look Zelle up. Their site recommends people NOT use this method of payment if there is any chance of NOT receiving merchandise. Zelle recommends CCard payments in those situations.

Scammers must love Zelle, all the credibility of "used by banks" with no possibility of recourse for those who fall victim to the scam.
It is the legal situation that allows credit card companies, Paypal and Zelle to profit from every payment that is processed through them. It is also the antiquated banking system that makes electronical money transfer in the U.S. so difficult. From my German bank account, I can pay from my computer anywhere within the Eurozone electronically within minutes and free of charge - and safely.

I had bought something for around $700 there last year in Germany and the seller thought that his personal bankruptcy would protect him from prosecution and excuse a scam. I reported him to the police and filed charges. After not answering my calls, answering to emails or accepting registered mail, he sent the article very fast when the D.A.'s office contacted him.
Try that here. I have small claim court titles dating back to the 1990s.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts