Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past year, I've made almost a dozen GB purchases, yet my GB "deal" rating shows only "(6)" deals completed.

The sellers I've purchased from who NEVER update the "deal" status, or provide feedback??? The ones selling complete firearms (NIB/NOS classic firearms with manufacturer cases and ALL paperwork/items included. Not cheap/worn-out/junk by ANY standard!!!). EVERY one of these deals have been.. 1) Credit Card; Paid within 6 hrs of purchase. OR 2) USPS Money Order; Sent off within 24 hrs, by 2 day express delivery.

I can understand them not leaving a "positive" message, but not updating the transaction page to "payment received/FFL received/firearm shipped" info is just BAD seller habits. This "deal status" info is there to provide updates to BOTH parties involved in the transaction (and GB, should there be a dispute).

I'm considering going back and revising my feedback on these sellers.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
That deal status function on GB is relatively new, and it provides no major value as far as I can tell. For example, FFL license exchange is often done outside of the GB email system by a third party, so what is gained by updating GB’s website progress status when all parties involved know what has happened, what remains, etc.? My pet peeve are people who ship but don’t let you know, provide no tracking info unless asked, seem annoyed to respond to status inquiries, etc. I doubt that those same folks would bother updating GB’s status system.

The only thing of value to me is prior feedback, and even then you seldom see anything other than extremes, very heavily weighted to A+. Personally, I always leave feedback, whether the other party does or does not. I do look at feedback of buyers and sellers I am involved with, but I have found that you can tell a lot about them from how communications proceed, or don’t, although by then it is too late to head off potential problems. I have also not bid on something of interest because of bad feedback red flags. Overall, 98-99% of my GB transactions have been professional, reasonably quick, and drama free. I have had only one ‘bad’ experience, and that was because the buyer simply didn’t seem to know how to read, understand, and comply with the terms of a firearm sale and transfer.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I've asked questions on several items, and asked for more pics, sometimes getting no response.

Even the seller with the "P5 barrel bushing and spring", messaged him twice with reality, the P5 doesn't have a barrel bushing, and it uses 2 small spring, not a large one as in his image. Six months later, the item is STILL being relisted.

Can't fix ignorant, if ignorant won't listen/learn.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Yeah, and that kind of (non) response tells you all you need to know. I would guess that the reply rate to my questions is around 75%, which isn’t bad when you consider the generic cross section of humanity. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
Only issue I've had has been payment; Gunbroker and vendors have two separate systems that sometimes work at cross purposes. For rookies, it can be confusing.

Too, Gunbroker has no live human being to make the crooked places straight. If your problem can't be solved with their online Q&A, you're out of luck.
Moon

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
GB has a number of problems, some of which could be fixed if they actually wanted to do so. Recovering fees for a non-paying buyer is a major hassle and it will take a month. You cannot block anybody until after they have bid, no matter the massive red flags that you might see. It will also take hours to get any response from GB, no matter how urgent. I would use another platform if one existed with anything close to the inventory and turnover of GB.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Purchased a NIB factory Nickel finish Heckler & Koch P7M13 yesterday AM.....

ttps://www.gunbroker.com/item/795749090

.......received an email from the seller (Gbrokerarms, based in Litchfield, IL) minutes after purchase, asking if I was "still interested" in buying. This is odd to say the least, so due to a "No Rating" on seller (new on GB), I requested a pic of firearm w/serial # visible, on a current newspaper. No response from seller, item relisted, and resold.

Left an F feedback this AM. Total D'bag.

EDIT; Looked up the "street view" of the address this seller has provided to GB, a foundation for a tiny home that has been torn down.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I had a feeling this seller was a scammer.

I looked at his other items, 4 in all, every item has a different background (outdoors, in a warehouse, in a home.....), every one NIB, every one listed as a "buy now" only, every one with a purchase price ~ half real value.

I contacted GB support (email) and defined the situation, waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do a google search of the pic this p.o.s. has used in his ads. Report the above adjective to the internet crimes division of the FBI.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Asked for the first 4 digits on the scar he is selling. Someone else ask the same question and lets see if we get the same answer.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
DUA, was the name john d pass?

Yes, that is the name he provided when signing up for GB. I can view his info because I purchased from him.

In the SCAR description, he states the sale is due to a "wife swap", whatever that is. On another gun description he states he bought FDE because black was not available at time of purchase, and it's available now, so he's selling the FDE (at a huge loss), and will repurchase in that color.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This seller has shut it down on GB. I'll post what GB responds to the fraud alert I dropped today. I REALLY want a NIB Heckler & Koch P7M13 in factory nickel for $1,800, a bargain at twice the price. Hans Gruber would approve.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Minutes after my inquiries about the scar17 and asked for additional pics, he changed the payment method to money order only. 15 mins after i pounded him with specific scar17 questions and what ffl he is sending it from, it was mysteriously sold.
The good thing is that he gave me the same mailing address and name as DUA.
GB and his state police notified. Good deed complete!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GB responded to my fraud alert this morning.

They acknowledged the seller is fraudulent, and sellers details/info is being forwarded to the authorities, per GB fraud process/protocol.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Received the same. His new year is gonna be an eventful one.
Darn shame the p7 price wasnt legit....:(

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Received the same. His new year is gonna be an eventful one.
Darn shame the p7 price wasnt legit....:(

Yeah, I paid $500 over that price for my 85% ex-NJ Park Police M13. Bore looks unfired though.

NIB HK Factory nickel M13s (with 2 mags and all items from HK) exceed $3500.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Good luck with law enforcement. A member here was scammed on a P5 several years ago by a woman in western NC. Local law enforcement knew she was a scammer, with a long history, but did absolutely nothing. Referrals to the state AG and the AG in the buyer’s home state (VA?) were met with shrugs. Referral to the ATF likewise led to no action, nor serious response. Eventually, he gave up. To me, the stunner was that none of these LEO were interested in providing even a cursory attempt to recover his money, let alone prosecute. True story...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts