Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

After such luck from my PPK/s and P99, I've been looking at the P22. It's a good looking gun that I've heard some good (and bad) things about, and as a bonus, it's a little cheaper to shoot. ;)

The question I had was: What should I look for? I noticed in a previous thread that -A mags were the only way to go and I've also read that newer pistols have had some bugs worked out of them. I don't want to buy a brand new one that was built last year. Is there a safe serial number that I should look for? How will I tell a good one from a bad one? Thanks for your help

-Chris

·
Registered
187 Posts
Look for the letters "AD" which translates to "03" or 2003 manufactured. This is not part of the serial number.
I have a 3.42" P22 "AC", or 2002, test fired 8/22. After Walrep replaced the firing pin spring & shaved the top of the hammer down under warranty in January, I have had zero problems. Mine has the -A mags.

Two friends of mine recently got a 3.42" & a 5", both "AD", and have had zero issues.

I chose the P22, since it was affordable & looked good with my P99!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have thought of that... My P99 is a German AC and yes a P22 would look excellent with it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is an '03 and i haven't had a problem either, one of my mags is marked "A" and the other doesn't have a date code on it. Both work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts