Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between the Interarms and Smith grips for the PPK/S???

I'm looking for a plain set of checkered walnut grips for my Smith PPK/S and I'm having a devil of a time finding any!!

All I've been able to find are these finger rest thingies from Grips4guns.com!!!

Is there any other source out there that anybody knows of??

The Walther America site is useless and I know Earl is not going to touch them!!

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
As far as the difference between Interarms and S&W, I don't know... Find someone with the one you DON'T have and see if the grips will interchange. That's what I did with my Interarms PPK and found out that they aren't as different as I had always heard... Perfect fit, in fact. Whoda thunk it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try Hogue:
http://www.getgrip.com/

Eagle Grips probably sells them, but I've had a set for the PPK on backorder for 1 1/2 months. And their website seems to be down.
http://www.eaglegrips.com

Other possibility is Nill:
http://www.nill-griffe.com/
I've contacted Hogue and they say they make 'em for the Smith, but my local dealer says that he cannot get his hands on them.
We shall see.

There also is some question in my mind as to whether I need to go to all this trouble. My PPK/S is a Walther USA LLC stamped gun, which is very early Smith made. I'm wondering if the standard Interarms grips won't just fit?? I may have to call Smith and Wesson.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's all good...I think.

I called Smith and Wesson and told them what I have, which is an early "Walther USA LLC" roll marked PPK/S from 2001. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back and said that Interarms grips should fit.

Sooooooo, I trucked over to the CDNN site and ordered a pair of the Herrett Coco Bolo stocks for $26.99.

The part where "it's all good" comes in is if they don't fit my PPK/S, then I'm sure they will fit my Manurhin PP!!!

We shall see.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Whats the difference between the Interarms and Smith grips for the PPK/S???

I'm looking for a plain set of checkered walnut grips for my Smith PPK/S and I'm having a devil of a time finding any!!

All I've been able to find are these finger rest thingies from Grips4guns.com!!!

Is there any other source out there that anybody knows of??

The Walther America site is useless and I know Earl is not going to touch them!!

The real deal is over since they have raised their prices back up to a higher level. Most were $26 and now they are $56+

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
They will be thicker, wood needs the extra material, especially on the PPK, which has no backstrap.

On the PPK/s every aftermarket grip I found has been thicker. but this isn't really bad, as stated before the extra thickness will probably aid your shooting, and won't be of much moment when holstered or carried.

I can't think what S&W changed that would make their PPK/S so different that older grips would not fit.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Unless the gun actually says "S&W" on it like the current ones, it was probably made in Alabama by a subsidiary of Mid-South Industries, which was the sublicensed producer of the Interarms guns, so the grips should be the same. It took a while before production could be moved to Maine.

M

1 - 14 of 14 Posts