Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone knows for sure whether the Interarms (made by Ranger Manufacturing) pistols followed the same manufacturing prints as the original German guns? I seem to have read that they did, but it was on the internet so who knows?

·
Registered
465 Posts
The PPKs that Ranger made were produced to the same technical specifications as the Walther/Manurhin pistols and to my knowledge parts should be interchangeable. Was that your concern?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not really a concern; just curious. It looks like the changes came about when S&W took it over and re-vamped the tang (I do not like that huge ugly thing) and changed the feed ramp among others. Now Ft Smith is carrying on with those changes, I believe. I'll stick to my Interarms and the German/Mahurin guns thank you.

·
Super Moderator
7,179 Posts
There are changes to simplify production, but I believe Absalom is indeed correct about parts interchanging.
S&W made mods in other areas, particularly an effort to feed hollow points. If posters here are to be believed, the Ft Smith guns are amenable to hollow points.
Moon

Reactions: druryj

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Absalom and halfmoonclip are correct. Interarms/Ranger production was done under original specs. Later Ranger changed the frame f.e. from forged steel to investment casting. But parts are fully interchangeable.

Reactions: druryj

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the first time I'd heard about Ranger changing to investment casting. Link?

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
You may take a look at different Ranger frames. The difference is obvisually.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
AfaIk, early Ranger were equipped w. forged frames but changed to investment casting in the mid of the 80's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts