Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just bought an Interarms TPH 22. Firing 100 rounds so far she’s proven reliable with Federal Bulk pack (hollowpoint). Slide bite for sure, and I need to make a consious effort to hold the pistol high to avoid this. The gun came with 2 factory mags which fit and function well. If I hold the mag release back all the way the mags drop completely out of the gun. So it’s the tension of the mag release on the magazine that makes it feel to somewhat tight to insert and release. I say this to illustrate that my mag well should be in spec. Now to my issue: I have now tried four Triple K aftermarket mags, one used and three new in packaging and all four do not fit into my gun. The width is not the issue as verified with calipers and daylight seen on the sides. It’s the depth (front to back) that differs by approximately .004 between factory and aftermarket mags. If the one mag I purchased used was wrong (.25acp or out of spec ) I could see it but the new in packaging ones makes no sense. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have the same pistol, and agree with your thoughts.

As to your problem, all I can say is I bet it is not Walther's or the individual pistol's fault. It's the aftermarket company which got the specs wrong... My guess is that not many people need/desire extra mags for the TPH, so, Triple K probably hasn't gotten the feedback. If it is actually the particular pistol's out of spec (surprisingly since two factory mags work), biting the bullet and paying for a Walther magazine which did not come with the gun would tell you.

Is the excess width all the way from top to bottom, or just at the bottom where the catch is?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with your thoughts. I find it funny that all the internet searching reveals reliability issues with Triple K mags but no talk of them not fitting at all. Live and learn. I think I’ll return the three NIB mags and buy one more factory mag for a total of three. I really like this gun, it’s been on my want list for years now. I can see alot of rounds down range and despite its reputation for issues I might hopefully have a reliable one. I’ll make some measurements tonight and answer questions about where the mags are too large.

Thanks!

·
Registered
964 Posts
If you put 100 rounds of Federal bulk pack with out any issues you got a good one ,so hang on to it . Congrats on a quest achieved and a pot of gold at the end of your rainbow . Triple k = krap Krap krap . My y'all share many happy years together . Ayb

·
Registered
619 Posts
MGMike just posted some SS mags at good price in the Trading post.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Triple K mags are junk.

I don't understand how they are still in business.

·
Registered
75 Posts
TPH magazines

I read about problems with triple k magazines. A few years ago when I bought my first TPH I ordered two from triple k. At that time they were back ordered. It was over a year before I finally got them. They work perfectly and fit the magazine well. I have kept them fully loaded since I got them and they still work. I bought one for a Colt Woodsman on the internet and it worked fine. Full disclosure I got one for an Astra cub that I had to file and sand the back of the magazine before it would insert without dragging. So my experience has been three out of four worked as shipped. One was tight, but worked after a little fitting.

·
Registered
284 Posts
... that I had to file and sand the back of the magazine before it would insert without dragging. So my experience has been three out of four worked as shipped. One was tight, but worked after a little fitting.
And this is what I was going to recommend doing, if the tightness was just at the base near the mag catch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is it possible to send them back for a refund?
You could possibly order another one and it would work fine. :confused:

I ordered two mags directly from Triple K a couple of months ago for my Interarms TPH, and though the witness holes are meaningless, the magazines work perfectly.

I tried two TripleK mags from Brownell's for a Baby Browning .25 and they would not feed reliably so I sent them back for a refund.
Thought I would give it another shot so I ordered another one.
Same issue. :(
Returning that one tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your responses. It’s looking like I’ll return the 3 brand new in packaging ones. I already began filing on the used one to get it to fit. I’m getting there and will report back. I did shoot the little bugger again yesterday and after maybe 5-7 mags the heat did me in. She was pretty reliable with Remington Thunderbolts this time. A couple hang ups but not terrible. Still need to move my meaty hand lower on the grip.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will say too that I still consider this a little gem that is worth the price of admission. It’s a really accurate gun thanks to that fixed barrel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts