Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I found one nib for $430,it seems well made compared to the ones SW made. It is well finish and smooth in action,I have not shot it yet. Is it a good PPK's worthy for self defence ?? Ser.S0939xx. When was it made??

That is great price for a NIB Interarms PPK/s. Much better gun than the S&W ones.

I carried one as a State Police Detective for many years. I was never worried about .380 ammo vs. .38 Special ammo that we normally carried at that time.

.380 defense ammo is much better than when I carried my PPK/s in the 80's.

I have an Interarms PPK/s made about 1983 and it feeds everything I put through it.

Trooper Joe

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sweet gun and awesome price. Nice! Flip it over and shoot another from that side. Date stamp could be on the breech seen through the ejection port. I’ve got a couple 380s that used to make me bleed until I grew some callouses. .32s are soft shooters but I don’t mind the .380s anymore at all.

·
Super Moderator
7,312 Posts
Nice catch, for what seems a reasonable price. Yes, the Interarms/Ranger guns are held in higher esteem than the Smith & Walthers.
You'll find it a little snappy to shoot, but it feels good in the hand. If the recoil bothers you, or slide bite is an issue, get a bicycle glove for range use.
Moon

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes fit and finish very well done,smooth no chatter or machine marks ,very well polished. Shot it and sights dead on. I had a SW years ago it was garbage. Not to snappy about same as 1910 Browning.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice catch, for what seems a reasonable price. Yes, the Interarms/Ranger guns are held in higher esteem than the Smith & Walthers.
You'll find it a little snappy to shoot, but it feels good in the hand. If the recoil bothers you, or slide bite is an issue, get a bicycle glove for range use.
Moon
Yes fit and finish very well done,smooth no chatter or machine marks ,very well polished. Shot it and sights dead on. I had a SW years ago it was garbage. Not to snappy about same as 1910 Browning.
the Browning has been proven %100 reliable over decades of use.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Uh, yeah! I'd say that's an incredibly good price for NIB. Hasn't it been almost 20-years or more since the last of the Interarms versions were even made (1998)? If so, I'd say that finding anything NIB is nothing short of astounding.

I bought a couple of these things in recent weeks myself . . . a .32 ACP and a .380 Auto, both stainless, both Interarms, both "minty", and for something really nice in the "used" category (not NIB), it seems that you can pretty-much plan on $700-$800 for the .380 Auto and $1000-$1200 for the much rarer .32 ACP. At least, that's been my limited experience with these little jewels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a used Interarms PPK/S stainless last year for $375 and was glad to get it at that price with only one mag and no box/papers. A NIB for $430 is a steal!

I recall buying a new PPK/S stainless in 1988 and even back then it was $369. I ended up trading it a few years later - something I always regretted.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought a used Interarms PPK/S stainless last year for $375 and was glad to get it at that price with only one mag and no box/papers. A NIB for $430 is a steal!

I recall buying a new PPK/S stainless in 1988 and even back then it was $369. I ended up trading it a few years later - something I always regretted.
Yup. Basically, I think you've helped make my point here. Roughly $400 almost 30-years ago, versus $400 now (?), thirty-years later (?). It makes it not only a "steal", it makes it literally "un"-believable.

Nah, so sorry, but its simply NOT conceivable (not believable) to me that someone is going to walk into a retail store, or shop on-line, and find one of these things, stainless, un-opened, never before sold, brand new in a box (NIB), for just $430, after more than 20-years since its production. The seller would have to be an uninformed, brain-dead idiot. C'mon! As described, that pistol would probably sell for $2,000 or more. Nope, I ain't buying it. All-in-all, it sounds like a fairy-tale to me, and I strongly suspect that it is. If not, this exceptionally fortunate gentleman (the purported buyer), should quickly and surely sign-up for the closest lottery!

·
Registered
848 Posts
One of our local gun stores had a nib interarms ppk/s for sale last fall with tag asking price of $500. It sat there for a long time before it was no longer in the case. So $430 seems plausable to me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
One of our local gun stores had a nib interarms ppk/s for sale last fall with tag asking price of $500. It sat there for a long time before it was no longer in the case. So $430 seems plausable to me.
Yeah, its totally possible! Anything is possible these days. It just tells me that there are more ignorant, uninformed people running around in this country than I thought. ;)

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
$400 now (?), thirty-years later (?). It makes it not only a "steal", it makes it literally "un"-believable.
It would only be hard to believe if the the gun was a .32. I've passed on LNIB 380s for less. A typical LGS would only pay $225-$275 for it. All shops care about is moving inventory and making a profit.

What's unbelievable is an unopened NOS .380 IA PPK/S sitting on a shelf untouched in the original shop for 30 years.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yeah it was a .380. Interarms ppk/s. It was not at that shop for yrs. They got it from somewhere else.
I was not interested so did ask much about it.
Customers at that shop we're interested in PPQs 9mm M2 and most interest is in SIGs of all models especially Legions P226 and P229.

·
Super Moderator
7,312 Posts
I picked up a LNIB Interarms .380 some years back; didn't research it, and paid $500. Don't regret it all the same; you can't just go find another one tomorrow.
OTOH, a buddy got one for $325 at a gun show, nice but not perfect...but he also got a bright stainless Officers Colt for $525...l've advised him to stay out of Somerset County, they may still be looking for him.
A gun is worth what you'll pay for it, and how badly you want it.
Moon
ETA- a stainless .380 Ranger is bid north of $600 on Gunbroker at the moment.
M

·
Registered
20 Posts
That does take a little of the warm fuzzy out of the $430 I paid on Gunbroker last month for my Interarms stainless 380. I got the box and one mag. The seller listed it as scratched, and it was. I had it prettied up within an hour of getting it home from my FFL.
It seems to be a crap shot. They are out there for $450 and the next one will go for $700-$900. Bizarre.

·
Registered
69 Posts
. . . It seems to be a crap shot. They are out there for $450 and the next one will go for $700-$900. Bizarre.
Yes, a "crap shoot" quite literally, because it's often true that you get what you pay for, and when it comes these particular little pistols, there's a whole load of "crap" that's sold and bartered on-line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts