Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. What is interamrs? Are they a manufacturer or are they a distributer? I am asking cause at my gun shop they have a .380 interarms ppk, and a stainless. the stainless is new and the interarms is used.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Interarms used to be the Importer of Walther products...
however after '68 they started making some of the Walther products under lisence of Walther.....
the PPK is one of them due to the fact that they were not able to import it anymore and the PPK was such a hit seller back in those days
I am not sure if Interarms made a blue PPK..... but the SS PPK is for sure made by Interarms (actually it was a company in Alabama that made them for Interarms) or it might be one made by S&W... but you would be able to tell for sure.....

There is two SS PPK's .... one made by Interarms.. and when they went under S&W started making them.... the S&W has a longer beavertail than the Interarms (some of the older S&W had short ones too)
If the PPK is made by Interarms or S&W it will say under lisence of Walther.... if made by Walther it will say made in Germany on the slide...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info uncut, what about reliability, i heard that the .38 version has a spotty record. I have heard good things about the .32 as far as being more reliable, also wasnt the original ppk designed around a .32

·
Registered
713 Posts
It is a 380ACP or a 9mm Kurz(spelling?) not a 38 please call it by proper name.
  . I will buy a Interarms before I buy a S&W . I don't like the beaver tail or the laser printing .Sharp edges or the fact S&W even touches them.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Whatever you do, don't put WWB through a PPK. They like hot European ammo like Geco, Fiocchi, Hirtenberger, Santa Barbara, British Aerospace, etc.

IIRC, the standard power for its rec spring is 21#. That gives you an idea. And if you go to a reduced power rec spring, it becomes quite unmanageable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Uncut:
I don't think interarms ever manufactured PPK's etc. Some other Company in the USA made them for Interarms.

·
Registered
821 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (michael t @ June 01 2006,6:57)]I will buy a Interarms before I buy a S&W . I don't like the beaver tail or the laser printing .Sharp edges or the fact S&W even touches them.
That's unfortunate Michael T, because my S&W PPK has been FLAWLESS!  

But I can understand that mine might be the exception to the rule...

-stunks

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (flusher @ June 02 2006,2:35)]Uncut:
I don't think interarms ever manufactured  PPK's etc. Some other Company  in the USA made them for Interarms.
that's what I said.....
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] but the SS PPK is for sure made by Interarms (actually it was a company in Alabama that made them for Interarms)

·
Registered
713 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stunksinatl @ June 02 2006,5:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (michael t @ June 01 2006,6:57)]I will buy a Interarms before I buy a S&W . I don't like the beaver tail or the laser printing .Sharp edges or the fact S&W even touches them.
That's unfortunate Michael T, because my S&W PPK has been FLAWLESS!  

But I can understand that mine might be the exception to the rule...

-stunks
I didn't say they didn't work. I listed why I don't want one The Beaver tail sucks. Ive never been bit So I don't need it.If people would hold correctly the would reduce the problem also.
The Laser printing isn't as nice as the non S&W guns. They also could take a couple min to knock of sharp edges on slide. Their shaving sharp. S&W used to have QC today its a word thats all. Their bean counters looking to put out weapon with min expense at max price. I refuse to buy their new wheel guns also. I do buy older 2number models 36,29,ect in blue and walnut. with no lock.
Why would I spend $500 + for one of these When I have a perfect good Interarms on my hip that works and looks a lot better . Sorry I will buy Interarms and if want to spend big bucks German. I have a German PP in 32 and my 380 PPK/S by interarms. I will buy another PPK/S Interarms when I fine a nice one. My oldest daugther will need one in couple years.
I glad you happy with your S&W their not for me.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
The name of the company that used to produce the under license of Carl Walther PPK; was Black Creek Manufacturing. The Company was located in Gadsden, Alabama. Black Creek was producing the pistols for Interarms. Michael t, I agree with your comments in the previous reply. S&W could have done a much better job with the manufacturing process; edges are too sharp and also, IMHO, they should not have added the beaver tail.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Maybe they added the beavertail because of the sharp edges

1 - 12 of 12 Posts