Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I snagged an Interarms PPK/S while browsing a great, local Pawn Shop/Gun Store. This store has been one of the better gun shops in the area, and I've seen several PPK's circulate through it while browsing.

And thanks to you folks on this forum, I found a real treasure -
Today I saw two .380 PPK/S's, both under $400, and showed a bit of wear. But because I've read about the differences (specifically the machining angle of the nose), I could clearly see that the one on the left was an Interarms version. When I was able to pick it up I could see the logo on the side.... :eek:

So here it is, before I've cleaned it:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Range Report

RANGE REPORT
I took the Walther PPK/S to the local outdoor gun range an to fire a few rounds. They don?t have motorized target hangers, instead they have you walk out to tack up your pistol target on the wooden posts ? and the only distance they support is 50 feet away!

This .380acp, two inch barrel Walther was a bit tricky to stay on the paper ? but it worked nicely. I was politely informed that they don?t typically allow small-framed pistols at the range (the sign that says this is inside the range itself, not at the front desk where you pay to use the facility). The range master was very pleasant, however, and helped me set up a bench to fire from. This helped a lot, but I was still chipping wood off the structure every other shot.

I shot about 100 rounds of S&B hardball, which was all I could find that afternoon, and a magazine's worth of Remington Gold Saber JHP. The JHP's did fine, but I had about six hangups with the S&B. I'm going to find a different brand and try it out again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations...that's one fine looking pistol... :)

Speaking of "tags"...I paid exactly the same for my S&W version. Let me know if you'd like to trade... :D

Milspec
Hehehehehe, sorry man.

They had a S&W PPK/S for $375 in only slightly worse condition (still had powder marks on it).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts