Walther Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
The spring length may or may not be a factor; spring strength is actually not necessarily dependent on length. But swapping two springs may be a good test.

Throwing is all well and good but how does she shoot 'em??? :D

ummm... did you see her with the P5 (i think it was ronin11's?) at the end lane?

She racked that puppy and put a mag's worth in about a 4"grouping, right in the "throat" of the silhouette target... and rapidly. :eek:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oh yeah, springs swapped and the longer spring is much stronger and prevents either mag from working smoothly. I did deburr the follower a bit and really cleaned up the casing on the offending mag.

I noticed that my two known factory springs are of a darker color and the two suspected aftermarket are stainless looking. And by the way, when I say longer spring, I mean by about an inch. It's just physics, and it seems to me that that extra length is not correct.

I know you can order extra springs, does anyone here know of a dealer that has the 'correct' length? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I'd try M&M Gunsmithing first. "Luger Doc" Tom Heller is another possibility. Maybe even S&W, as MecGar still makes the mags AFAIK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
M&M Gunsmithing

DrE,

Quick question, M&M from Hazel Green, AL? Saw a website but did not have much info.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts